The following is a list of quotations from Xul.
- "Ah yes, that does explain your presence. Very good."
- "Ah, a Butcher! Glad you're on our side."
- "Very charming."
- Demons (Azmodan, etc.)
- "Once this fight has concluded, ours will be just beginning, demon."
- "I have never consorted with demons. I have no intention of starting now."
- "Do you think you can put aside our differences for this fight, Diablo?"
- "I know. Too bad you can't. Or have you forgotten the last time?"
- "You're from Sanctuary! Perhaps you know why my Tome of Town Portal isn't working?"
- "It's only been a long time to you."
- "An aura of natural magic swirls about you. Interesting."
- "Come now. Death has been here all along."
- "Watch yourself, mage. Your kind has upset the Balance before."
- "You know my apprentice? That's certainly odd."
- "And what in the Burning Hells are you?"
- "That sound is rather chilling..."
- Nephalem (Sonya, Kharazim, etc.)
- "So you're the next generation. Think you can keep up with an old man?"
- "Hmm. Nephalem. So the legends are true... this should be interesting."
- "Archangel Tyrael, it is good to see you continue to fight for the Balance."
- "Tyrael! I'm glad to see you survived the Worldstone's destruction."
- "All who oppose me... beware."
- "That... I am."
- "Try not to die out there. I'd hate to have to summon a skeleton from your corpse."
- "Merely a boy, masquerading as a god of death."
- "Duriel was tougher, and he was a giant maggot."
Nephalem (except Nazeebo)
- "And I'm not even a Nephalem."
Azmodan or The Butcher
- "The Balance will be restored, demon!"
- "Lord Diablo, I have bested you!"
- "I have no use for undead that refuse to obey."
Angel (Tyrael, Auriel)
- "Apologies, angel, but those who upset the Balance will fall."
Undead (Sylvanas, Stitches)
- "What a waste of undead flesh."
- "You're right, scythes are nice."
- "The dead are meant to serve, Witch Doctor, not be served."
- "It is time." (Upon selection)
- "Must you disturb me?"
- "Hmm? Oh, yes, the scythe is new to me as well. But I must admit I'm starting to like it."
- "There are only two things that are inescapable. Death, and...um...you know what? I forget what the second one was. Let's just go with death twice."
- "My my. Death becomes you."
- "We, the Priests of Rathma, have been charged to maintain the Balance. But it seems many do not understand what it is. Think of the Balance as a net. An unknowable safety net that keeps your soft, pink, insignificance from being consumed by oblivion. My charge is to maintain that net. Now...thank me!"
- "The leader of the Necromancers is known as...the Deathspeaker. Three guesses what he likes to talk about."
- "In my day, no-one would believe you if you said nephalem were real. And yet, here they are. And six of them no less. Rather excessive, isn't it?"
- "You think this is difficult? Hah. You're not even playing in hardcore mode."
- "You reap what you sow. And I sow the seeds of death."
- "Yes, I bring people back from the dead. But it's not a pretty picture."
- "For the last time, a necromancer does not romance the dead. That's a necro...you know what? Never mind."
- "Someday, I'm going to have to figure out something to do with all these ears I've collected. Maybe I'll make a belt or something."
- "Bring out your dead you say? Don't mind if I do."
- "Maintaining the Balance is difficult. But you buff an angel here, nerf a demon there, and the job gets done."
- "So that's what death feels like. I miss it already." (upon revival)
- "Hm? No corpse run? Oh, I like this." (upon revival)
- "The Great Cycle of Being begins anew." (upon revival)
- "There is more to do, it seems." (upon revival)