Never one to back down from a difficult task or shy away from the front lines, King Varian Wrynn has always sought to do what he believes is best for his people. Without question, he is eager pick up a sword and shield in defense of the Alliance, Azeroth, and now... The Nexus. There is no opponent too great nor battlefield too harsh to stop Varian from leading those around him toward victory.
Great leaders know that a successful conquest requires the flexibility to adapt to any new challenges that may arise on the field of battle. Through talents, Varian can be built to fit several different disciplines and is the first multi-class hero to enter the Nexus. Be the shield your team needs by taunting enemies and soaking tons of damage, or split Shalamayne into its component swords and lead with your blades to cut down any who stand in your way.
Gameplay Summary Edit
- Extremely flexible playstyle.
- So far, the only Hero in the Nexus that can play as either a Warrior or as an Assassin.
- Good Basic attack Damage.
- Excels in clearing Mercenary camps by himself when combining and .
- Almost all Talents that Varian can use are both Strong and Viable.
- will completely shutdown Shield reliant Heroes such as Johanna or Zarya.
- Heroic Abilties have overall low cooldown.
- Great utility thanks to the Banners given at level 13.
- Weak early on until Level 7.
- Lacks any hard crowd control when playing as an Assassin.
- Misuse of can be extremely punishing when playing as a Warrior.
- Lacks any Waveclear.
- Has difficulities with escape mechanisms.
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- High King of the Alliance (base)
|High King of the Alliance||Alabaster||Iron|
- Lionheart 100
- The Lion has long been associated with the nation of Stormwind and the House of Wrynn. It is a symbol of courage, dignity and ferocity; truly befitting for the High King.
- Lo'Gosh 400
- After awakening on the shores of Durotar, the gladiator known as Lo'Gosh became a star of the Crimson Ring Arena. Rumor has it that he fights with the fury of the Ghost Wolf himself.
- Commandant 600 NYR
- As chief security officer for Volskaya's Nexus operations, Varian Volkov is no stranger to harsh winters and cold steel. Rather than pilot a Svyatogor mech, he prefers to meet his foes face-to-face.
Varian was conceived within the first two years of the game's development. He was listed as a possible hero for Heroes of the Storm as early as 2011. As of BlizzCon 2015, he remained under consideration for inclusion. He was revealed at BlizzCon 2016.
His helm is intended to emulate that of Llane Wrynn, as depicted in the Warcraft movie.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Deadly Lo'Gosh Varian skin added.
- (Patch May 10, 2017) Note: Basic Attack damage increased from 87 to 91.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Radius adjusted to better match actual model size.; Varian will now display Damage Taken stats in the Score and Stats screens.
- (Patch March 28, 2017) Note: Base Health increased from 2150 to 2322; Base Health Regeneration increased from 4.48 to 4.84.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Can no longer be selected through Autoselect – Support.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: Added.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21
- ↑ 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- ↑ 2015-12-28, BlizzCon 2015 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-01-01