The ultralisk is a zerg heavy ground unit.
The ultralisk is a 20 meter long and 5 meter high living battering ram, evolved from the docile brontolith; a creature that the ultralisk now bears little resemblance to. Ultralisks serve as the backbone of the Swarm, possessing an exceptionally thick carapace. Ultralisks are the most powerful ground strain the Swarm possesses and their DNA is the "final viable code" utilized by larvae. An example of their might: a handful of ultralisks were "responsible for the death of an entire Confederate garrison" on Timul IV.
Ultralisks attack using large, bone-like scythes which protrude from their backs. Known as "kaiser blades", these scythes are nearly indestructible. Possessing monomolecular edges, these scythes are able to tear through most substances with ease.
- ↑ Bill Slavicsek, David Eckelberry, Shawn F. Carnes. Alternity: StarCraft Edition. Wizards of the Coast, March 1, 2000. ISBN 0-7869-1618-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Underwood, Peter, Chris Metzen and Bill Roper. StarCraft: Brood War (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Units: Ultralisk. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2010-08-24
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ultralisk (Zerg strategy guide). Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2007-10-27.