(5/10) (7/10) (4/10) (7/10)
Tyrande is a Ranged Support Hero, and a character from the Warcraft universe. Tyrande Whisperwind strikes fear into all who wish ill of the Kaldorei. As the highest ranking Sentinel and High Priestess of Elune, she is not only the Night Elves' most deadly warrior, but also their most cunning leader.
It is possible for new players to obtain Tyrande for free after completing the Tutorial.
Tyrande Whisperwind is the most prominent night elf leader, as the chosen high priestess of the goddess Elune, the former general of the night elf sentinels, and the current head of the Sisterhood of Elune. Together with her lifelong mate, the Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage, she has represented the highest leadership of the night elves since the fall of Queen Azshara and the Highborne caste ten thousand years ago.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Tyrande is a Support Hero that offers high damage and utility to the team. Her strongest point is her versatility and capability of adapting to different situations over the course of the game. She can heal wounded allies, grant vision to her team, increase their attack damage, and stun and slow her opponents.
Overall, Tyrande is best paired with healers that can complement and follow up her . She works greatly as secondary healer, as her healing is weaker compared to other Supports, specially in the early game.
- Not very mana intensive.
- Fits into various team compositions.
- Flexible talents and builds.
- Deals high damage for a Support Hero, being able to be played aggressively.
- is a powerful ability to be used when focusing on priority targets.
- is a potent tool when used with other crowd control skills.
- is a great scouting tool thanks to its unlimited range.
- Not viable as a solo healer.
- Lacks any form of escape tools until level 10, when becomes available.
- Requires high map awareness.
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
- Lunar Flare Build: focused on improving though its only related talent, , Tyrande can become a deadly ganker with respectable damage output, especially when paired with other Heroes that can follow up her stun. This build is recommended for most team compositions.
- Hunter's Mark Build: focused on improving , Tyrande and her allies can more efficiently focus on priority targets. This build is recommended when paired with Heroes that can deal high burst damage, such as Varian, Li-Ming and Valla.
- Aggressive Build: focus on increasing Tyrande damage output, essentially turning her into an Assassin. The bonus attack speed from and combined allows for surprising damage, which packed with also increases Tyrande's own survivability when is on cooldown.
- Like most Supports, Tyrande requires careful position in order to not become an easy target. Take this in mind when accompanying your team mates to set up kills with .
- When using her and , always try to carefully aim where you expect your opponent to move, instead of casting them randomly.
- can be used on any enemy, not only Heroes. With this in mind, use it to clear Mercenary/Boss Camps, or when defending against opponents such as the Punisher, Immortal, Dragon Knight and Garden Terror.
- Use to scout potential threats, or to reveal opponents where they are guessed to be. Aiming the Sentinel at Mercenary Camps can often get opponents by surprise and alert your team.
- Try to study the opponents movements and patterns before firing , timing it when the opponent is recovering from a move or is about to cast a dangerous cooldown.
- can be used defensively: aim at Tyrande's feet when about to get ranked, such as when targeted by The Butcher's .
- If the enemy team features at least one Hero with stuns (such as E.T.C., Muradin or Uther), consider picking the level 4 talent .
Generally, Tyrande is best paired with Heroes that can either open opportunities for her , or follow up the stun. Heroes with high burst damage (especially spike damage) will benefit the most from Tyrande's .
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- High Priestess of Elune
|High Priestess of Elune||Dark||Banshee|
- Warden 100
- Ever since they were children, Tyrande had known her fate to bound to Malfurion's. Now, she would serve as his warden, and for his betrayal the sentence would be eternal.
- High Priestess 100
- The vestments of the Sentinel General were blessed by Elune herself. Like the night elves before the World Tree's fall, they do not age and remain as pristine as when they were blessed.
- Blood Elf 400
- Named for her ancestor, the first Sun Queen, Tyrande Windrunner serves the blood elves as their Ranger General, preparing them for their pilgrimage into Outland.
|Blood Elf||High Elf||Mahogany||Virtuous 600|
- Eagle Eye 400
- When the Eternal Empire destroyed her home planet, Tyrande Solarwind swore to avenge her fallen people. Now, her quest to eliminate her mortal enemy has led her to the city of New York.
- Love Goddess 400
- With her enchanted arrows and her keen insight into the hearts of mortals, the Love Goddess is responsible for more than one match made in heaven.
Tyrande was conceived within the first two years of the game's development.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: The area of effect indicator for Eagle Eye Tyrande’s Lunar Flare should now be more visually apparent when cast on Sky Temple while using Low graphic settings.
- (Patch September 5, 2017) Note: Virtuous Blood Elf skin added.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Basic Attacks per second increased from 1.25 to 1.33.
- (Patch May 16, 2017) Note: Received updated visual effects to coincide with Talent updates.; Basic Attack damage reduced from 87 to 82.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Tyrande will now appear in the list of available Heroes when “Hearthstone” is used as a search term during Hero Select.
- (Patch February 14, 2017) Note: Love Goddess Tyrande added.
- (Patch January 20, 2016) Note: Basic Attack damage decreased from 92 to 87.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Blood Elf Tyrande has also returned to the Nexus, and now sports updated Ability art, which much more closely matches her theme.
- ↑ From WoWWiki
- ↑ 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21