Among the angels it is the Archangel of Justice Tyrael who is humanity's greatest defender. Wielding his sword El'druin against the Burning Hells, the Prime Evils would have enslaved Sanctuary and all of humanity long ago if Tyrael had not intervened.
He a strong front-line Hero that can support his allies, Shielding them and increasing their Movement Speed. Explodes when he dies, damaging nearby enemies.
As the Archangel of Justice, Tyrael participated in the Great Conflict, and his exploits in battle became the stuff of legend. According to Imperius, he and Tyrael saved each other's lives countless times during the conflict. Off the battlefield, he administered the Courts of Justice.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Tyrael is a very mobile Warrior with a Bruiser-oriented gameplay, capable of getting in and out of combat very quickly. He also brings a lot of utility to the table, featuring shielding for his allies, as well having a flexible talent tree that allows him to adapt to a lot of situations.
Overall, he excels at either initiating or following up team fights, as well picking on isolated enemies. Because of this, he shines in aggressive team compositions, specially dive-oriented ones. He is at his best as a secondary Warrior.
- Flexible talent tree, allowing him to focus on either defensive or offensive builds.
- Very effective at diving and causing havoc to the backline.
- provides him with exceptional mobility.
- provides a decent amount of area of effect shielding that can save allies in crictical moments.
- provides both damage and utility, with an invaluable movement speed bonus, which, combined with the shields from Righteousness, makes Tyrael a strong supportive Hero.
- is a powerful and effective diving tool to focus specific targets.
- can single handedly secure team fights if used correctly.
- Very mana intensive during all stages of the game.
- Not very effective as a solo Warrior, as he doesn't provide the proper peeling tools.
- Poor waveclear.
- Requires specific team compositions in order to be truly effective.
- doesn't provide any additional effects, and only works when Tyrael dies.
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
Talent Builds Edit
- Be very mindful when using Tyrael's abilities, specially during the laning phase, as he runs out of mana pretty fast.
- Use to delay an objective until teammates can make their way into position.
- It can also be used to play effective mindgames against enemy Heroes, such as conditioning to move to one way, only to surprise them by teleporting.
- Make full use of (at level 13) to steal mercenary camps or to secure specific objectives (such as teleporting to the Shrines faster on Dragon Shire).
- Save to use when diving deep into a battle.
- Make sure to announce to the team when about to cast , so they can follow up properly and focus fire on Tyrael's target.
- Make sure to announce to the team when about to cast , to ensure all allies are within range to be protected.
- Make sure to track enemy cooldowns accordingly, specially Heroic abilities.
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- Archangel of Justice (base)
|Archangel of Justice||Platinum||Ivory|
- Seraphim 100
- With tired eyes the newly appointed High Seraph Tyrael looked across Sanctuary... after the destruction of the High Heavens, this world was the last bastion against Imperius's wrath.
- Archangel 100
- Each archangel's armor is a manifestation of their spirit. While his appearance had changed during his battles within the Nexus, his dedication to justice remained steadfast.
- Demonic 1600
- Of all the Aspects of Sin, Tyrael, the Lord of Pride, is the most ruthless. His every action and every thought serves only to fulfill the desires of his true master; himself.
- Features altered voice-over and themed abilities.
- Mecha 2400
- Neo Stormwind's latest Angiris-class mecha ultilizes a cerebro-mech modeled after the legendary Mecha Tassadar. Once deployed, the Tyrael unit will dispense justice for the atrocities committed during the great Mecha War.
- This skin is related to the Mechastorm themed-skins. Features replaced voice-over, themed abilities, themed animations and themed mount.
- The "Mecha" skin has variants that makes references to the Mobile Suit Gundam series.
- A 2UP Tyrael figure based on his appearance in Heroes of the Storm was released in 2015. A "Demonic" skin variant of the figure was also released.
- A 7" figure based on his appearance in Heroes of the Storm was released.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch January 16, 2018) Note: Tyrael will now face the target of his Basic Attack after attacking. This is a visual change, and does not directly affect gameplay; Passive Spell Armor has been removed; Base Maximum Health increased from 2296 to 2468; Health Regeneration increased from 4.78 to 5.14.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Vengeful Archangel Tyrael skin added.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: Infernal Demonic Tyrael skin added.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: +15 Spell Armor; Base Maximum Health reduced from 2468 to 2296; Health Regen reduced from 5.14 to 4.78.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Received new Talent icon tints to help players more easily differentiate between talents that modify the same Ability and exist on the same Talent tier.; Fixed an issue that could cause Tyrael, Uther, and Gall players to incorrectly receive AFK Warnings due to the combination of their post-death effects and lengthy death timers at later levels.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Health increased from 2373 (+4% per level) to 2468 (+4% per level).; Health Regeneration increased from approximately 4.95 (+4% per level) to 5.14 (+4% per level).
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Tyrael’s prices have been reduced to 4,000 Gold and $6.49 USD.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: The Demonic Tyrael Skin has returned to the Nexus! After visiting the top smith that the Burning Hells have to offer, Demonic Tyrael has strapped into an intimidating new set of armor, imbued El’Druin with corruption, sprouted two wicked pairs of horns, and donned a crown worthy of his title as the Lord of Pride. Demonic Tyrael now also features updated Ability art, which much more closely matches his theme.
- ↑ From the Diablo wiki
- ↑ 2015-02-14, Toy Fair NY 2015 NECA Heroes of the Storm Action Figures Photos. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-02-15
- ↑ 2015-07-10, SDCC 2015 – Blizzard Booth Photos. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-07-26
- ↑ 2015-07-08, SDCC 2015 – NECA Reveals Heroes of the Storm 7″ Scale Action Figures Series 2. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-07-24