Tychus Findlay is a big man with a big ego and even bigger gun. Fortunately enough, his loyalty is easily won. Buy him a whiskey or three and promise him enough credits, and there's no job in the whole universe too dangerous for this outlaw.
Former soldier. Erstwhile thief. Convicted felon. Tychus Findlay and Jim Raynor share what some might call a checkered past—the type filled with daring exploits and courageous fights doing not so courageous deeds. While no one can be sure where Tychus' loyalties lie, one thing is for certain. He's a fearsome combatant whose impact on the battlefield is anything but subtle. Tychus always goes big. Always.
|Q||Enemy||75 mana||15 sec.||Focus Minigun fire on an enemy and deal splash damage. Can move while shooting and can retarget.|
|W||Location||50 mana||10 sec.||Throw a grenade damaging and knocking back enemies.|
Run and Gun
|E||Direction||50 mana||8 sec.||Charge to a location and instantly wind up Minigun.|
|Passive||Tychus must windup his Minigun briefly, but once wound up, he attacks much faster than other Heroes.|
Drakkan Laser Drill
|R||Location||100 mana||100 sec.||Airdrop the powerful Drakken Laser Drill to disintegrate enemies.|
|R||Self-cast||100 mana||100 sec.||Pilot the Odin and barrage areas with Ragnarok Missiles for a short duration.|
- At his core, Tychus is based on using his minigun, overkill, and frag grenade combo. He is also good at taking on minions.
- On Blackheart's Bay, Tychus can destroy chests very quickly thanks to his Wind-up Combat trait. Picking health and durability traits can allow the team to use him as a dedicated coin carrier.
- Choosing the Drakken Laser Drill Heroic Ability can buy time and grant Tychus's team solid positioning when trying to capture artifacts on Cursed Hollow.
- Commandeer Odin can be a solid pick for Tychus's Heroic Ability on Haunted Mines. Use Odin's extra health to tank the golem's damage for his team.
- Following the Dragon Knight on Dragon Shire gives Tychus the time to mow down forts while the enemy is distracted.
Quotes and Facts
See also: Tychus quotations
- Tychus was first seen in his full cinematic glory during the StarCraft II announcement on May 19, 2007, at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Seoul, South Korea.
- Tychus was a member of the  321st Colonial Rangers Battalion, also known as Heaven's Devil's, and served with Jim Raynor.
Zerg infestors create eggs that hatch infested Terrans. These are marines that have been infected with a Zerg virus, creating a monstrous hybrid creature under control of the Swarm. Infested Tychus would be an especially powerful version of that Zerg terror.
Tychus originally had a trait where when he would melee an enemy, and then stun them. Combined with a shoulder charge attack that could be targeted on an enemy, the same ability would give Tychus a shield if he targeted a minion. So a player had to choose between targeting a hero and stunning them or a minion to get shield. The designers thought this created an interesting choice for gameplay purposes, but the kit didn't work out. The gameplay was too complicated and didn’t make sense for a ranged assassin who had a massive chain gun that was most of his profile. So, his skillset was re-designd around the mini-gun into its current form.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2014-03-15, DESIGNER INSIGHTS: TALKIN' 'BOUT TYCHUS. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-06-25
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2014-03-18, TYCHUS HERO SPOTLIGHT. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-06-25
|Heroes of the Storm|