The Tutorial is split into two categories: Tutorial and Battleground Training.
- The Tutorial covers the basics of how to play Heroes of the Storm, including combat, team leveling, Talents, and Mercenary camps.
- Battleground Training acquaints players with the importance of Battleground Objectives.
- New players will be able add one of these three Heroes to their Hero Collections for free.
Players can revisit the Tutorials or Challenges at any time by opening the Main Menu (ESC) and clicking the Tutorials or Challenges buttons.
- Veteran Tutorial
The Veteran tutorial was accessed through the "Challenges" button in the options menu or by selecting "Veteran" when first entering the game on a new account.
Gold rewards for the Basic Tutorials and Veteran Challenges were shared, and players were eligible for a total of 1,000 gold for completing one or both of these game modes.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Gameplay tips that appear during Tutorial and Training games can now be accessed at any time while playing in those modes by clicking the new “Show Help” button added near the top-left corner of the screen.; Clicking “Show Help” will display a Tutorial Tips panel that lists all of the tips the player has received so far, organized by category.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: The Tutorial has been revamped.; New sound effects have been added to coincide with the re-worked Tutorial experience.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: The second tutorial mission has received significant changes to gameplay, user interface, and instruction flow. This mission should now better serve to introduce players to some of Heroes of the Storm’s unique mechanics.; The second Tutorial mission has received updated sound effects to coincide with its overhaul.
- (Patch June 14, 2016) Note: A new Veteran-level Tutorial has been introduced to the game.
- ↑ 2014-03-14, Heroes of the Storm Tech Alpha Walkthrough. YouTube, accessed on 2014-06-22
- ↑ 2014-05-21, Blizzard set out to make a StarCraft mod, and instead reinvented gaming's most popular genre. Polygon, accessed on 2014-05-22