Try Mode is a custom game whereby players can select and try any hero in a mock game. This is typically done to test abilities and/or when considering a hero purchase.
During this mode, players have access to a variety of options including the ability to select talents at will, to instantly complete quest talents, and to select any ally they choose to assist them. They can also opt to go it alone.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: Toggling off Minion spawns will no longer cause AI Heroes to wait at their Fort Gates indefinitely.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: The Reset Talents button now properly removes bonus damage earned by completing Medivh’s Arcane Charge Questing Talent. ; The Reset Talents button now properly removes the range and cooldown bonuses granted by Genji’s Agile Dismount Talent.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: The Complete Quests button will now properly complete Gazlowe’s Clockwerk Steam Fists Quest Talent.; Complete Quests will now properly grant Ragnaros’s Catching Fire Quest Talent rewards.; Try Mode: Refresh Forts will no longer cause the cooldown timer above the Healing Fountain to disappear.
- (Patch May 16, 2017) Note: The Refresh Forts button will no longer cause Malfurion to spawn when Allied Hero is set to None.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: The Complete Quests button will now correctly set Zul’jin’s You Want Axe quest to 120 attacks, rather than 500.; The Reset Talents button will now correctly remove bonus Hungering Arrow strikes earned by previously completing the Puncturing Arrow quest.; Tassadar’s Oracle cooldown will now be correctly reduced by 15 seconds when completing the Mental Acuity quest via the Complete Quests button.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Destroying the opposing Fort will now correctly despawn Misha when Rexxar is set as the enemy Hero.; Toggle Cooldowns will now correctly reset Diablo’s Lightning Breath cooldown.
- (Patch January 27, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue causing Abathur to behave strangely when chosen as an ally in Try Mode.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: A “Complete Quests” button has been added that will allow players to instantly complete Quest Talent requirements.; A “Select Ally” button has been added that will allow players to select any Hero as their Try Mode ally. Click “Select Ally” and then choose a Hero from the dropdown list, or select “None” to play without an ally.; Grassy terrain will no longer appear inside of the allied Storm Portal.