Towers of Doom is a map for Heroes of the Storm.
The Towers of Doom are a dark, mysterious city that has been laid claim to by both the Raven Lord and the Grave Keeper. Each seek to annex it into their territories within the Nexus. Now locked in a struggle for dominance over the little gothic burg, these mythic beings demand that heroes contribute their might to this endeavor. Whether born from necessity, or merely for sport, their true intentions may never become clear.
- Cores start at 40 HP and are surrounded by a barrier that cannot be breached by the opposing team, which deals heavy damage over time to nearby enemy heroes and minions.
- The objective is to capture towns and the towers located within them to unleash damage upon the captors' opponent's core, rather than attacking it directly with heroes.
- Towers, once claimed, take on the identity of the capturing team - Raven or Grave Keeper. They start as ghostly versions, then become more solid over time.
- Towers can attack the core while they are ghosts, but cannot attack creeps or heroes until fully formed.
- Destroying the tower means it will reform under the opposite team's appearance.
- If a team holds all 6 towers, their core will automatically deal 1 damage to the enemy core every few seconds until the opposing team retakes a tower.
- Towns are themed slightly different from one another to offer distinction on the map.
- Periodically, a number of altars will activate across the map. These altars can be captured by heroes after a brief channeling time, which can be interrupted by attacking the capturing hero.
- When an altar is captured, the capturing team's core and all towers under their control will each fire a shot at the enemy core, dealing 1 damage apiece.
- Sappers at the mercenary camps charge structures and explode, doing large amounts of damage. If a Sapper reaches the end of a lane, it will charge the enemy core for 1 point of damage.
- The Headless Horseman functions as a boss on the map. Upon defeating him and capturing his location, the cellar doors there will open and release a damaging volley at the enemy side, dealing 4 damage to the enemy core.
The first version of the battleground featured no cores, and instead had five forts. Possessing forts gave the occupying team points.
- Concept art
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Sappers can sometimes stop attacking their targets and start following enemy Heroes.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue in which some Summons, such as Arthas’ Ghouls, would not teleport with the Hero after using the Tunnel.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue in which environmental sounds could be over-created, causing drops in processor performance.
- (Patch June 14, 2016) Note: Players should no longer encounter a significant FPS drop when the first round of Bell Towers fire.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Cores on Towers of Doom will no longer appear to lose their Invulnerability Shields after a Fort is destroyed.; Corrected the positioning of several houses near the southernmost Altar on Towers of Doom.
- (Patch April 19, 2016) Note: Events in which three Altars spawn at once will now only occur twice per game, during the first and fifth Altar events.
- (Patch March 29, 2016) Note: A.I. players on Towers of Doom will now better avoid enemy Core defenses. Exiting the Tunnel on Towers of Doom will no longer prevent Heroes from automatically attacking enemies near the Tunnel exit.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Bell Towers on Towers of Doom have received updated art to better represent the area of terrain blocked by the base of the Structure.; Towers of Doom has received updated music.; Ownership of nearby Bell Towers will no longer determine which lane Sapper Mercenaries will travel down. The two southern Sapper camps will now always travel down the bottom lane.; Text has been added to the Tunnels to help clarify their one-way use.
- (Patch December 15, 2015) Note: Tychus’ Hero model will no longer disappear after capturing a Fort on the Towers of Doom Battleground.
|Heroes of the Storm|