Team League is a game mode for Heroes of the Storm that allows players to create a consistent, ranked team. It is stated to be the most competitive mode of the game.
Team League can now be found using the new Ranked page on the Play screen.
Players who repeatedly leave will be flagged to receive leaver penalties. Players with active penalties for leaving games can no longer queue for games.
A player can create a team after reaching player level 40, and after owning 10 heroes. After this, the player can create and/or join up to three unique teams, and start queuing for Team League games. 500 gold is required to create a team. Players can be invited through the roster system. Each team can consist of up to 10 players, and a total of 5 players are required to play a Team League match. Five-player parties will now be automatically queued for Team League when attempting to find a Ranked match. The rosters are persistent, which means that a team's roster will remain as is until a player leaves, or is removed from the ladder.
All players must play 10 placement matches in order to receive an initial ranking for Team League.
Each of a player's teams will be ranked separately, starting at Rank 50, and can rank-up by consistently toppling opponents of increasing skill in Team League matchmaking. The number of points one gains/loses by playing ranked games will fluctuate more broadly based on the skill difference between the player and their opponents. These additional ranked points, or "Match Points" should help skilled players and teams more quickly reach the ranks where they belong, and offer higher point rewards for defeating tougher opponents. Additionally, it’s possible for a player or team’s matchmaking rating in Hero or Team League to increase at a faster rate than the current rank indicates. In these situations, a player will earn a "Skill Bonus", which offers a number of additional ranked points to help your rank more quickly align with your rating. The developers are planning to add a different experience for Team League competitors beyond Rank 1.
Upon finding a match, a player will enter Draft Mode. Unlike Hero League’s Draft Mode, however, Team League will make use of the First Come, First Served (FCFS) version of draft selection. With FCFS, there is no set pick order for the players on each team. While a coin toss will still decide which team picks first, and teams will still make selections using the 1-2-2-2-2-1 format, individual players are free to select their heroes in any order they like when it is their team’s turn to pick.
As part of the June 2016 Ranked Play revamp, Team League will receive the following rewards.
|Ranks 50 - 41||Preseason Team League Portrait|
|Ranks 40 - 31||1500 gold, Elemental Wolf Mount, Preseason Team League Portrait|
|Ranks 30 - 21||2000 gold, Elemental Wolf Mount, Preseason Team League Portrait|
|Ranks 20 - 11||2500 gold, Elemental Wolf Mount, Preseason Team League Portrait|
|Ranks 10 - 6||3000 gold, Elemental Wolf Mount, Epic Elemental Wolf Mount, Preseason Team League Portrait (tier-unique)|
|Ranks 5 - 2||3500 gold, Elemental Wolf Mount, Epic Elemental Wolf Mount, Preseason Team League Portrait (tier-unique)|
|Rank 1||4000 gold, Elemental Wolf Mount, Epic Elemental Wolf Mount, Preseason Team League Portrait (tier-unique)|
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: A notification has been added to inform two-player parties when they may experience long wait times in the Team League queue and encourage them to add more party members to find matches more quickly.
- (Patch December 14, 2016) Note: Much like Hero League, players who repeatedly leave Unranked Draft Mode and Team League games or draft lobbies will now be flagged to receive leaver penalties.; Players with active penalties for leaving games can no longer queue for Unranked Draft or Team League games.
- (Patch June 14, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue that caused the Draft UI to occasionally disappear in Hero League and Team League lobbies.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue that could allow the Team League portrait border and ranking to be displayed during Hero League loading screens, and vice versa.
- (Patch October 20, 2015) Note: The time allotted to select your hero in Hero League and Team League draft lobbies has been increased from 30 to 45 seconds.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Players now have a chance to receive a one-question survey following Hero League, Team League, and Quick Match games.
- (Patch September 8, 2015) Note: Team League games are now properly listed as Team League in the Match History, rather than Unknown.