Samuro, the last remaining blademaster to wear the banner of the Burning Blade, is on a warrior's pilgrimage in search of vengeance and redemption for his fallen clan. It will be a long journey, but he has sworn an oath to restore his clan's honor.
Samuro once lived in a village with his brethren. Unfortunately for him, a bloodthirsty Wildkin known as Bloodbeak destroyed his village. With vengeance in mind, Samuro hunted Bloodbeak until he finally met with success. Bloodbeak was slain, and Samuro could pay attention to his newly assigned task of sabotaging a Kul Tiras base camp near the coast.
Samuro was successful in this as well by using stealth to place demolition charges near vital structures of the Kul Tiras base. With his mission accomplished, Rexxar, Rokhan, and Chen Stormstout could continue with a mission of their own, and Samuro was free to continue as he wished.
Gameplay Summary Edit
- Strong deception with combined usage of and
- High survivability
- Has no need for mana
- Good for point control and scouting
- Consistent damage output even when is countered
- has extremely high skill ceiling
- Low burst damage
- Mirror Image is easy target for hero-unit abilities
- Has to close up on enemy hero for some time for improved damage
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- The Blademaster
|The Blademaster||Shattered Hand||Warsong|
- Burning Blade 100
- There are no clans in the New Horde, but Samuro will not abandon the Burning Blade. Adorned in his family's ancestral armor, he will fight under both banners until his clan's honor is restored.
- Hellblade 400
- The Blackrock chieftain is dead and the Doomhammer has been stolen. Samuro may have failed to protect his master, but he has sworn to exact vengeance upon the Warlord of the Ashwolf clan.
- Monkey King 1600
- The Legend of the Monkey King has spread wide, across both earthly and heavenly realms alike. It is no wonder his incredible fighting spirit was drawn to the conflicted lands of the Nexus.
- This skin is related to the Mystic Kingdoms and Lunar Festival themed-skins. Features replaced voice-over, themed animations and themed abilities.
|Monkey King||Super||Jade||Midnight||Genius 2400|
A character named Za'Muro existed in previous builds of the game.
- The "Monkey King" skin is based on Sun Wukong, a mythological chinese figure who features in a body of legends, which can be traced back to the period of the Song dynasty. He appears as a main character in the 16th century Chinese classical novel Journey to the West.
- The "Super" variant is possibly a reference to Goku from the Dragon Ball series, particularly due the orange and blue color scheme, and the fact that Goku himself is based on the Monkey King.
- The "Jade" variant is a reference to the Jade Emperor, who is a proeminent heavenly figure in the Monkey King stories, even witnessing his birth.
- The "Genius" variant is a reference to Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls, as evident from the color scheme and how the character is a super inteligent monkey.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch February 6, 2018) Note: Shadows will no longer appear to flicker behind Monkey King Samuro on the post-match score screen.
- (Patch January 9, 2018) Note: Base Maximum Health increased from 1650 to 1725; Health Regen increased from 3.4 to 3.6.
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Basic Attack damage increased from 88 to 110.; Monkey King Samuro’s model will no longer exhibit flickering during Hero Select while running Medium or High graphic settings.
- (Patch September 5, 2017) Note: Genius Monkey King skin added.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Warsong Hellblade Samuro skin added.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue preventing debuff timers from showing below clone’s health bars.
- (Patch February 14, 2017) Note: Monkey King Samuro will now correctly play his victory animation after destroying the enemy Core.
- (Patch January 27, 2017) Note: Monkey King Samuro’s Mirror Images will no longer use a different skin variation than the real Samuro.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Monkey King skin added.
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: A bowl no longer appears at Samuro’s feet during his dance animation.
- (Patch November 10, 2016) Note: Basic Attack Damage decreased from 93 to 88.
- (Patch October 25, 2016) Note: Base Maximum Health decreased from 1750 to 1650; Base Health Regen decreased from 3.64 to 3.44.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Added.