Players should be matched with and against players of slightly lower skill when playing a Hero for the first time, and slightly higher skill when playing Heroes with which they have extensive experience.
This results in a higher percentage of evenly-matched games, in which each team has a 45% - 55% probability of victory, and should encourages more players to try out a greater variety of Heroes in Quick Match games.
Pick the Auto Select Hero, and then use the row of Role buttons added to the Hero Select screen to choose one or more preferred Hero Roles.
- Instead of choosing by role, players may also queue for Auto Select as the Heroes they’ve selected as favorites.
- In order to queue as Auto Select in a preferred role or with favorites, the selection must total at least 5 Heroes.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: Players can now select their preferred roles when queuing as Auto-Select in Quick Match and Versus A.I. games.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Playing as Auto-Select in Quick Match will now award 100% bonus XP when the matchmaking system detects lengthy queue times for one or more Heroes.
- (Patch April 19, 2016) Note: The matchmaking system will now account for each player’s Hero level in order to better define match quality and calculate win probabilities more accurately when attempting to create Quick Match games.
- (Patch November 17, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue which could cause a team with no Support Heroes to be matched against a team with Support Heroes in the Quick Match queue.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Players now have a chance to receive a one-question survey following Hero League, Team League, and Quick Match games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2014-03-14, Heroes of the Storm Tech Alpha Walkthrough. YouTube, accessed on 2014-06-22
- ↑ 2014-07-24, Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha Patch Notes build 0.5.0.31360. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-08-02