Punishers are a type of Reaper construct from the Diablo universe.
A single Punisher can spawn in the Infernal Shrines map, after heroes activate a shrine and defeat 40 of its guardians. The Punisher will spawn with one of three affixes (arcane, frozen, mortar), and hunt down nearby heroes, as well as pushing the lane closest to the shrine. The Punisher will target and attack the nearest hero in range, and is capable of jumping over gates to reach an enemy hero.
Each Punisher has one of three different powers:
- Mortar: These Punishers release bursts of fireballs when attacking, dealing additional damage to nearby enemy heroes and structures.
- Arcane: These Punishers leave behind beams of rotating magical power, damaging any enemy caught in them.
- Frozen: These Punishers spawn traps of ice, which freeze and immobilize enemies that trigger them. Detonation time: 2 seconds; Root duration: 1.5 seconds.
- (Patch February 8, 2017) Note: Punishers will no longer repeatedly attempt to walk into the opposing team’s starting area when lead beyond Keeps to a Protected Core.
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: Casting Zeratul’s Void Prison on Punishers just before they leap will no longer prevent them from attacking when Void Prison ends.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Punishers will no longer prefer to attack non-Heroic enemies that are affected by Abathur’s Symbiote over enemy Heroes.
- (Patch April 19, 2016) Note: Punisher starting Health has been increased, and scaling Health has been reduced to compensate.; Frozen Punisher: Delay between ice trap spawn and detonation decreased from 2.5 to 2 seconds. Root duration while frozen decreased from 2 to 1.5 seconds.; Fixed an issue in which a Punisher that leaps to a Hero as that Hero activates Hearthstone could cause it to leap to the opposing Hall of Storms.
- (Patch December 15, 2015) Note: Punishers on the Infernal Shrines Battleground will no longer fly outside the playable area after leaping into Zeratul’s Void Prison.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Starting and scaling Health decreased by 10%; Now leap to the nearest enemy Hero within range, rather than selecting one at random.
|Heroes of the Storm|