Progression Levels are an aspect of Heroes of the Storm. They are a form of experience that applies to specific heroes rather than the player as a whole. They are gained through playing matches in Versus and Cooperative Mode. All heroes begin at level 1, and can reach level 20 at the highest. Level progression unlocks rewards such as gold, skin variations, portraits, and more.
Rewards are as follows:
- Level 5: 500 gold
- Level 6: Hero portrait/mount variation 1
- Level 7: Skin variation 1
- Level 8: Skin variation 2
- Level 9: Hero master portrait/mount variation 2, 750 gold
- Level 10: Master skin unlocked for purchase
- Level 15: 1,000 gold
- Level 20: 2,000 gold
Progression Levels were previously known as "Hero Quests" and subsequently "Hero Levels". Previously, players were required to complete Versus Mode matches only in order to progress through Hero Quests and unlock the rewards they had to offer. These quests were unlocked at levels 10 and 20. The first set of these quests, unlocked at level 10, allowed players to dig into individual heroes and complete a series of three Basic Hero Quests (Hero Quests 1, 2, and 3). After reaching level 20, players were able to progress their individual characters through a series of Epic Hero Quests (Hero Quests 4, 5, and 6). Completing such quests added to customization options.
- (Patch December 8, 2015) Note: Talent Gating has been removed from Heroes of the Storm, and players will now have access to all Hero Talents regardless of their account levels.
- (Patch June 30, 2015) Note: Several Hero Level rewards have been slightly altered.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2014-07-24, Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha Patch Notes build 0.5.0.31360. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-08-06
- ↑ 2014-07-18, INCOMING PROGRESSION SYSTEM AND REWARD CHANGES. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-08-08
- ↑ 2014-03-12, HEROES OF THE STORM PREVIEW: UNLOCKING THE HERO WITHIN. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-06-08