Since his activation, Probius has always wanted to prove himself. He may be small, but he made a big difference by warping in a critical pylon during the retaking of Aiur. As the bravest of probes, Probius is eager to fulfill his purpose in the Nexus.
During the early stages of the End War, Probius took part in the Reclamation of Aiur as part of an akhundelar under Kaldalis. During the initial landing, Probius was able to set down a warp beacon for a pylon while the conflict raged around him. Though the akhundelar suffered heavy casualties, Probius's pylon allowed reinforcements to be warped in at a key moment, allowing the Daelaam to establish to a beachhead on Aiur.
Gameplay Summary Edit
- Strong area control
- High burst and area damage
- Flexible vision granted by
- has exceptional lockdown strength in enclosed area
- Strong in waveclear and siege
- Requires set-up time
- Needs a front line
- Probius is in dire need of hero who can protect it from divers who may shut down or kill it in a split second
- Vulnerable to isolation
- Separating it from its base or allied heroes will render Probius or the other hero easy target
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- Curious Probe
|Ara Tribe 150||Nerazim 150|
- Terran 100
- Despite loud opposition from the SCV pilot's union, the Dominion Engineering Corps continues its attempt to replicate the technology utilized by the protoss in their construction of probes.
- Features themed abilities.
|Red One 150||X1 150|
- Prime 100
- Though the probe's basic design has remained unchanged for many cycles, inventive phase-smiths are always experimenting with ways to improve its operational efficiency.
- Alexstrasza's second Heroic Ability, , had its core concept originally meant for Probius, where he would summon a protoss mothership to bombard his enemies. The development team found that to contradict with his builder-oriented gameplay, and scrapped the idea. This was later moved to Alexstrasza instead.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch January 9, 2018) Note: Ara Tribe Probius and Nerazim Probius skins added.
- (Patch September 5, 2017) Note: Terran Probius Red One and Terran Probius X1 skins added.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Sargas Probius Prime, Solarite Probius Prime skins added.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue preventing Probius from gathering minerals while inside the Garden Terror on Garden of Terror.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue preventing crowd control duration bars to fail to display on Probius’ health bar while he was in a Pylon power field.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Added.