The Nexus is the setting of Heroes of the Storm.
The Nexus is a powerful trans-dimensional storm, a strange limbo of clashing universes. Worlds collide from across space, time, and even dimensions. It operates by its own logic and set of rules; for instance, at least for heroes, death is a but a "temporary setback." Combatants from Azeroth, Sanctuary, and the Koprulu sector have been sucked into it, fated to do battle. New heroes are constantly arriving.
The Lunar Festival is celebrated by the denizens of the Nexus, introduced by those sucked in from Azeroth.
- Battlefield of Eternity (located in the heart of the Nexus)
- Kings Crest
- Raven Court
Quotes and Facts Edit
- A nexus is literally defined as "a central/focal point," or "a connected group/series." This hearkens to the trans-dimensional properties of the world.
- The in-universe Book of Cain from the Diablo series describes the realm of Pandemonium as a nexus of realities.
- Kaeo Milker believes that Team 1 will add heroes to Heroes of the Storm that are taken from the Nexus itself.
The Nexus is the setting of Heroes of the Storm. The original setting of the game was a cyber world where heroes were to provide entertainment for "dark and terrible gods." Elements of this remain in the game's tutorial (the starmap). The idea for the Nexus was to create a world that would allow integration of Blizzard's franchises. The idea of a distinct world stems back to the game's mod origins.
Related content Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm – FAQ. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-11-11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2013-11-08, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm – Fact Sheet. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-11-10
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Heroes of the Storm, Tutorial
- ↑ 2013-12-08, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III Lore and Story Q&A Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-04-21
- ↑ 2016-02-02, Heroes of the Storm - Lunar Festival. YouTube, accessed on 2016-02-17
- ↑ 22-12-2016, HEROES BRAWL OF THE WEEK, DECEMBER 23, 2016: SNOW BRAWL. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2016-12-26
- ↑ 2014-04-30, Li Li Trailer. YouTube, accessed on 2014-05-16
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 2014-08-20, Heroes of the Storm Interview with Kaeo Milker. Icy Veins, accessed on 2014-08-23
- ↑ 2015-06-16, The Eternal Conflict - Heroes of the Storm. YouTube, accessed on 2015-06-24
- ↑ 2014-02-07, Heroes of the Storm Developer Q&A Part 2 (Jan 22, 2014) – Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-06-11
- ↑ 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- ↑ 2011-10-20, Blizzard DOTA Trailer. YouTube, accessed on 2013-11-10
- ↑ Heroes of the Storm, Tutorial
- ↑ 2014-02-20, Heroes of the Storm Developer Q&A Part 3 (Feb 20, 2014) – Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-06-15
- ↑ 2015-06-07, Press Event Q&A Recap, Eternal Conflicts Concept Art. Heroes Nexus, accessed on 2015-06-22