(5/10) (5/10) (1/10) (8/10)
Murky, Baby Murloc is a murloc hero. In Heroes of the Storm, Murky takes on the role of a specialist who wears down opponents by repeatedly respawning from his hidden eggs a few second after being killed. Murky is very, very weak, but incredibly persistent.
The origins and history of the murloc race are shrouded in mystery. A large part of this is because their lore is passed down their own oral tradition, which is almost incomprehensible to most other sentient races, but also because murlocs generally have very little tolerance for other races. Murlocs often congregate in heavily populated coastal settlements, and are more than willing to assist each other when threatened. While many have debated on their intelligence, there is reason to believe that their use of weaponry and uncanny fighting abilities may actually imply that they possess a rather sinister racial intellect.
Like the enigmatic origins of the murloc race, Murky’s past is also veiled in a variety unanswered questions. Who is he? Where does he come from? He dies again and again, and yet each time, returns to life from his egg. Stranger yet, when he emerges, he looks and sounds precisely the same. Does he possess unspeakable powers? Could he be immortal?
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
- Baby Murloc (base)
- Landwalker 100
- Do you live on land? Would you be more comfortable in water? Well now, with Murky's new conch-filtration device, you can stay wet, AND smell like crustaceans! Win win!
- Grunty 400
- Alright, fess up... Who put the murloc in that power armor? Sammy? We talked about this...Guys, this is real cute and all, but how the heck are we supposed to get him out of there?
- Funny Bunny 400
- Noblegarden is an important time of the year for the inhabitants of Bunny Island. Even murlocs celebrate the festivities, hiding their eggs in the most inconvenient spots possible.
- Sir Murkalot 400
- Johanna's apprentice might be small, be he doesn't take any carp.
- Murky is going to die a lot, but he’s a hero who eventually overwhelms enemies across multiple battles. He doesn’t need to win every fight; he just needs to win once.
- Murky’s "spawn egg" ability can be placed anywhere in a battleground. Hide it in places where it is unlikely to be found.
- Use Murky's "pufferfish" ability when the enemy isn’t paying attention. The pufferfish can be targeted down by enemy heroes, so placement is key.
- Use "safety bubble" as a safe way to reach enemies trying to turn in coins on Blackheart's Bay. The slightest delay can allow teammates the time to setup a proper team fight around the turn-in point.
- Murky appears as a pet in World of Warcraft.
- Murky's background is shrouded in mystery.
- Murky can’t speak English, but he can write it.
- Aside from the makrura that share the murloc language, the protoss are the only ones who understand Murky. Literally. You have to be a mind reader to translate the gurgling.
- Murky’s favorite snack is the pufferfish, which also makes for a dangerous weapon. He doesn't like tartar sauce.
- Murky starts to stink after three days.
- Old skins
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: Sir Murkalot skins added.
- (Patch February 27, 2017) Note: Murky Base Maximum Health reduced from 761 to 730; Base Health Regeneration reduced from 30.43 to 29.20.
- (Patch February 14, 2017) Note: Murky has received updated icon art and visual effects that coincide with his rework.; Base Maximum Health increased from 635 to 761.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Murky has received a delicious new Hearthstone (B) animation!
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Murky and Leoric have received unique death sound effects.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: A unique new Egg overlay has been added for Murky. This overlay will be displayed for Murky players when they receive a reduced death timer as a result of respawning from a living Egg.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Heroes and Skins have received visual improvements: Murky, all Murky Skins, and all Skin Variations.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: Murky’s prices have been reduced to 7,000 Gold and $8.49 USD.