There are mercenary camps in each battleground; subdue the mercenaries there and they'll fight on your side and push toward the enemy base. Some heroes can also bribe mercenaries to fight for their team, without having to subdue the mercenaries.
Each mercenary camp has a flag above it denoting the level required to either solo the camp or attack it with a group.
It is recommended that mercenaries are supported by heroes.
Mercenary Types Edit
- Grave golems
- Knights - powerful, themed to location, strong melee bruisers for front-line combat
- Siege giant - big and lumbering, themed to location, standard merc across all battlegrounds, long-range attacks, great for attacking fortifications
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Heroes will no longer be pushed when allied Mercenaries path into them.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: Captured enemy Mercenaries will no longer drop Fresh Meat stacks for The Butcher or Mineral stacks for Probius.
- (Patch February 8, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue causing Minimap icons for uncaptured Merc Camp to appear very similar in color to Merc Camps that have been captured by allies.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: For color blind players, Neutral Mercenaries will now appear dark purple on portions of their models that use team colors. This should help players and observers better differentiate them from captured mercenaries.
- (Patch November 17, 2015) Note: Health and damage scaling for all Heroes, Battleground Events, Minions, and Mercenaries has been changed from flat, additive values to values that are multiplicative by percentage.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: A number of Mercenaries have received additional animation and effect polish.
- ↑ 2014-01-31, Heroes of the Storm with Day9 and Dustin Browder (Full Game Cast). YouTube, accessed on 2014-06-11