(4/10) (7/10) (5/10) (5/10)
Malfurion is a Ranged Support Hero from the Warcraft franchise. With the honorable title of "Archdruid", is the greatest druid on Azeroth, and a student of the demigod Cenarius. Communing with nature and Cenarius through the Emerald Dream, Malfurion protects the wilds from both demonic influences and the savage Horde.
Malfurion Stormrage was the first night elf druid, and initiated the mainstream use of druidism among the night elven people ten millennia ago under tutelage of the demigod Cenarius within Val'sharah. Through Malfurion's guidance, the kaldorei managed to successfully halt the Burning Legion's first invasion of Azeroth during the War of the Ancients. In its aftermath, he became the greatest of the world's archdruids. Malfurion Stormrage is the twin brother of Illidan Stormrage, as well as the loving and beloved husband of the high priestess of Elune, Tyrande Whisperwind. Together, the two have represented the highest leadership of the night elves ever since the fall of Queen Azshara and her Highborne caste.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Malfurion is a Ranged Support Hero that has powerful healing-over-time and can applies various debuffs to make easier for his allies to engage. He is also the only Hero in the game that can restore other Heroes' Mana.
Overall, Malfurion is best used in defensive teams or teams that already have considerable self-sustain, complementing his slow healing.
- Considerable low Mana usage.
- has one of the strongest single target healing potentials in the game, especially when empowered by the talents and .
- is a powerful area of effect crowd control ability, great for both offense and defense.
- If talented, gives Malfurion a strong waveclear potential.
- Can restore other Heroes' Mana with .
- Lacks healing burst.
- Cannot deal against aggressive teams focused on burst and dive.
- cannot be self cast.
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
- Balanced Build: This build gives Malfurion a lot of versatility, increasing his already high utility. Tweaks can be made depending on the map and matches. For example, should the allied team already has good peeling, enough to keep Malfurion safe, can be replaced with , to further increase Malfurion's healing capabilities with an auto-cast smart heal.
- Moonfire Build: Also known as the "Moonkin Build", it gives Malfurion a remarkable waveclear potential by, as the name suggests, improving Moonfire to its maximum effectiveness. This build is useful in maps that require high waveclear (such as Tomb of the Spider Queen), and is recommended when the team already have another healer, or Heroes with good self-sustain (such as The Butcher and Thrall).
- Use when incoming damage is anticipated.
- However, avoid using on targets with nearly full health.
- Regrowth can be cast on Minions and Mercenaries.
- 's low mana and cooldown makes it a great scouting tool even if is taken, as well a great poking tool; use it to check bushes, hit opponents in stealth, dismount opponents, and even to destroy Zagara's .
- can be rather easy to avoid, so try using it to follow up other forms of crowd control (for example, right when an opponent is stunned).
- Save for big teamfights, and try to use it when opponents use their more powerful cooldowns and Heroic Abilities, or after a crowd control chain unleashed by your own team.
- Use preemptively during teamfights, when your opponents start taking damage. Malfurion will maintain Tranquility even if he is stunned.
Malfurion shines when paired with more defensive Heroes and resilient frontline Heroes, as his lack of burst makes hard for heal to deal with hard engage team compositions. makes nearly all "mage" characters very potent, as well any other Hero that relies heavily on mana. Lastly, is great when having other Heroes that can follow it up for massive crowd control chains.
Effective against Edit
Malfurion doesn't actually excel against any Hero, as he should never engage directly. However, he can greatly capitalize against opponents with poor movement options thanks to , as well shutdown the whole team with a well timed .
Effective foes Edit
Malfurion's main issue is dealing with burst damage. Therefore, facing hard engage team compositions with explosive cooldowns can make difficult for his healing to be truly effective. Additionally, opponents with abilities that grants them the Unstoppable status (such as can negate . His poor mobility can also be capitalized when Entangling Roots is on cooldown, preventing Malfurion from escaping.
- Archdruid (base)
- Storm Mantle 100
- Although Broll Bearmantle had saved the Archdruid's life, it had cost him his own. Even now, Malfurion wears his armor to remind himself of the sacrifices that saved Hyjal.
- Waywatcher 100
- Malorne the Waywatcher's power transcends death itself. Those who dedicate their lives to fighting for nature carry on his great work.
- Betrayer 400
- Sargeras's whispers of power were impossible for Malfurion to resist. She had called him "Betrayer"...Soon, they would all call him Master.
- Druid of the Flame 400
- Majordomo Stormrage felt the change instantly. Though only a small spark, it was enough to signify his incantations had finally broken through. When the Firelord arrived, the Nexus would burn.
|Druid of the Flame||Fel||Molten||Exiled 600|
Malfurion was conceived within the first two years of the game's development.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch September 5, 2017) Note: Exiled Druid of the Flame skin added.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: Received updated visual effects to coincide with Talent updates.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Betrayer Malfurion has received additional visual polish for certain Abilities and Talents.
- ↑ 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21