The Lost Vikings are the titular protagonists of The Lost Vikings franchise, bearing the names of (from left to right in the image to the right) Baleog the Fierce, Erik the Swift, and Olaf the Stout. Appearing as a single playable hero called "the Lost Vikings", they are playable in Heroes of the Storm.
The Lost Vikings are back! While they briefly considered retirement after defeating the emperor Tomator, there were only so many polar bears they could wrestle before falling into a Nexus portal seemed like a solid life decision.
- For ability and trait patch changes, see Lost Vikings/Patch changes.
| Spin to Win (Q) |
Cooldown: 12 seconds
|Activate to have each Viking deal 60 (+10 per level) damage to nearby enemies.|
| Norse Force (Q) |
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Duration: 4 seconds
|Activate to have each Viking gain a 40 (+10 per level) point Shield, increasing in strength for each Viking alive. Lasts 4 seconds.|
| Jump (W) |
Cooldown: 30 seconds
|Makes all Vikings Invulnerable and able to pass over enemies for 1.5 seconds.|
| Go Go Go! (Z) |
Cooldown: 30 seconds
|The Vikings gain 30% increased Movement Speed for 4 seconds.|
|Select Olaf (1)|| |
|Olaf can charge enemies by right-clicking on them. 8 second cooldown. Olaf gains increased health regeneration when out of combat for 4 seconds.|
|Select Baleog (2)|| |
|Baleog deals 50% splash damage to enemies behind his attack target.|
|Select Erik (3)|| |
|Erik moves faster than the other Vikings and has a longer attack range.|
|Select All Vikings (4)|| |
|The Lost Vikings can be controlled individually or as a group. Each Viking has particular strengths.|
|Viking Hoard (Passive)|| |
|Gathering a Regeneration Globe with a Viking permanently increases all their Health Regeneration by 0.5 per second.Current Bonus: 1.5 Regen per second.|
Heroic Abilities Edit
| Longboat Raid! (R) |
Cooldown: 90 seconds
|Hop into an Unstoppable Longboat that fires at nearby enemies for 310 (44 + 14 per level) damage per second and can fire a mortar that deals 450 (70 + 20 per level) damage in an area. The boat has increased Health for each Viking inside. Lasts 12 seconds.Requires all surviving Vikings to be nearby.|
| Play Again! (R) |
Cooldown: 80 seconds
|Summon, fully heal, and revive all Lost Vikings at target location after a Viking channels for 2 seconds. Only one Viking may attempt to summon at a time.|
Battleground Tips Edit
- The Lost Vikings start without any basic abilities and function differently. A player can choose to unlock extra abilities by selecting various Talents throughout the duration of the match.
- Olaf – Has lots of Health, regenerates Health quickly, and charges to Slow enemies.
- Baleog – Deals splash damage to enemies behind his attack target.
- Erik – Moves faster than the other Vikings and has a longer attack range.
- Each Viking can move, attack, and be killed separately. They will also receive individual respawn timers upon their deaths.
- Use the activated Talent hotkeys “1”, “2”, and “3” to select and control the Vikings individually, or press the “4” key to guide them as a group.
- When using the heroic “Longboat Raid!” [R], all of the Vikings need to be near each other to perform the action.
Hero level 10, 10,000 gold
Quotes and Facts Edit
See also:Lost Vikings quotations
- The Lost Vikings first appeared in 1993 with the release of The Lost Vikings.
- Erik the Swift - The tactical genius and self-proclaimed leader of the party. Erik is the swiftest and most agile of the Vikings which makes him an indispensable part of any expedition. His wit and resourcefulness are often key to resolving difficult situations. However, he has a short attention span and gets easily agitated by sitting in the same place too long. In fact, his patience is often times too thin to tolerate his two brothers. Despite these shortcomings, he proves to be a valuable companion on any adventure.
- Olaf the Stout - This jovial Viking, with his hardy constitution and steadfast resolve, can be counted on in any situation. His appetite for adventure is rivaled only by his passion for pastries. Unfortunately, he is often seized by unprovoked laughing fits, making extended travel with him somewhat tiresome. His hulking presence is, however, greatly appreciated in the heat of battle.
- At the start of The Lost Vikings, the members of the Viking village celebrated the fall harvest with contests of bravery and skill. But unbeknownst to them, the infamous intergalactic zookeeper, Tomator, piloted his spacecraft to Earth through a fiery vortex that appeared high above the fjords of the Baltic Sea.
- Tomator was sure that he could find adequate specimens for his zoo on this tiny planet. He made preparations to go on a hunt of his own as his ship began its descent. As Olaf the Stout, Baleog the Fierce, and Erik the Swift walked home from the feast, they were still bragging over their triumphs in the hunt. Eventually they retired to their cottages oblivious to the strange flying object that had appeared directly over their village.
- Tomator’s computer located the selected humans and teleported his unsuspecting captives aboard his ship - Erik the Fierce, Olaf the Stout, and Baleog the Fierce. With the acquisitions complete, Tomator took his craft out of orbit, and the Vikings’ only hope to return home would be to use of their skills as well as the strange vortices that could carry them through time and space.
- At the start of The Lost Vikings II, it is found that after their escape from the evil Tomator, Erik the Swift, Baleog the Fierce, and Olaf the Stout lived happy lives.
- Then one day, while they were returning home from a fishing trip, Tomator caught up with them and kidnapped them again, teleporting them aboard his spacecraft. Fortunately for the Vikings, a blackout gave them an advantage over their robotic guard, whom they fought and dismantled. They proceeded to wear its parts on their bodies, thereby gaining new abilities.
- Spotting a mysterious machine nearby with a sign, Olaf decided that the sign read, "donuts." Impulsively he activated the machine, and it teleported them Transylvania in 1437 A.D. Too late, he learned that the sign had actually read, "Do not touch."
- This proved to be the first of a sequence of funky locations and time periods the Vikings would need to traverse, much as in their previous Tomator-related adventures.
- Equipped with their new robotic gear, the three Vikings fought their way through time and space, befriending a wolf named Fang and a dragon named Scorch.
- Ultimately Tomator caught up with the three Vikings and their new friends, and Tomator was defeated. However, upon his defeat, Tomator was revealed to be a young boy named Tommy, who had been disguised due to his wearing some sort of robotic power suit.
- After the destruction of this armored suit, Tommy begged the three Vikings not to hurt him, saying that he'd simply been bored and wanted to have some fun.
- Tommy's parents showed up and scolded their son for playing fast and loose with the fabric of time and space again. They told Tommy that when he got home, he was going straight to bed with no supper.
- They made him promise to leave the three Vikings alone, and then they teleported the five adventurers back home, safe and sound. As the game ended, the five adventurers were bickering, trying to decide what to do next.
Related Content Edit
- (Patch June 30, 2015) Note: Olaf’s out of combat healing reduced from 10% to 5% of his Health per tick.; Erik’s Movement Speed reduced by approximately 5%.
- ↑ 2014-11-07, Blizzpro. Twitter, accessed on 2014-08-11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2014-12-24, THE LOST VIKINGS HERO WEEK. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-02-14
External Links Edit
|Heroes of the Storm|