(6/10) (3/10) (7/10) (6/10)
Leoric, the Skeleton King is a warrior hero from the Diablo franchise. He is a slow-moving front-line warrior that never truly dies, haunting the battlefield as a ghost before reforming on the field.
Madness. Betrayal. Death. These are the legacy of the Black King Leoric's reign. Driven to madness by the spirit of Diablo, Leoric brought untold suffering on his people. Even in death there was no release for the Skeleton King.
Unknown to Leoric, his seat of power in Tristram was the resting place of Diablo, imprisoned in the catacombs beneath the cathedral by the Horadrim long ago. Requiring an anchor to the world, Diablo chose the strongest soul available to him to be his host—Leoric himself.
For many months, Leoric secretly fought against Diablo's will. Sensing that he had been possessed by some unknown evil, Leoric kept his condition a secret from those close to him, believing that his piety would be enough to exorcise the demon's corruption. In this he was sorely mistaken, and Diablo stripped away the core of Leoric's being, burning all honor and virtue from his soul.
Gameplay Summary Edit
While in the Undying form, Leoric's abilities change to the following:
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- Skeleton King (base)
|The Skeleton King||Ivory||Copper|
- Vrykul 100
- Leoric held the Winterskorn Chieftain's skull aloft for the gathering crowd to see. "Who else among you wishes to challenge me?" The silence was deafening.
- Zakarum 100
- These ornamental warplates were once a symbol of the holy Zakarum faith. Now, they serve only as a stark reminder of its demonic corruption.
- King 100
- King Leoric used his legendary might to strike down every jarl who challenged his ascent to the throne. But not even uncontested rule is enough to slake his thirst for power.
- Space Lord 1600
- The Space Lord has brought countless worlds to heel in the name of the Eternal Empire. Soon, even the Earth's troublesome Star Princess will fall to the power of the darkness.
|Space Lord||Neutron||Hunter||Immortal 2400|
Leoric was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2011. The idea of having a character that didn’t die was one the team looked at - Malthael was considered, but they ultimately settled on Leoric.
- The "Space Lord" skin is a satire to Darth Vader from Star Wars. This is evident with the different voice lines that makes analogy to the series.
- In addition, the third color scheme, "Hunter", is a reference to Boba Fett, a bounty hunter from the Star Wars franchise.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Immortal Space Lord Leoric added.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue preventing Leoric’s Basic Attack cleave animation from playing when using certain skins.
- (Patch September 20, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause Leoric to become invisible after exiting Zagara’s Devouring Maw.
- (Patch September 5, 2017) Note: Received updated art to coincide with Talent changes.; Basic Attack Damage reduced from 150 to 105.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Leoric will no longer fail to respawn properly after being killed via damage dealt by a nearby spawning Grave Golem.
- (Patch March 28, 2017) Note: Basic Attack damage increased from 138 to 150.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: Leoric’s prices reduced to $8.49 USD and 7,000 Gold.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Health increased from 2373 (+4% per level) to 2468 (+4% per level).; Health Regeneration increased from approximately 4.95 (+4% per level) to 5.14 (+4% per level).
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Murky and Leoric have received unique death sound effects.
- ↑ 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- ↑ 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- ↑ 2015-06-17, E3 Expo 2015 – Heroes of the Storm: Eternal Conflict Expansion. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-06-23