Once a Terran ghost with psionic abilities, Sarah Kerrigan was betrayed by her allies and transformed by the ravenous zerg into the indomitable Queen of Blades. Now freed of The Dark God Amon’s corruption, Kerrigan faces a threat that could destroy the galaxy itself.
Sarah Louise Kerrigan was a psychic terran female. She began her career as a Confederate ghost and later became the second-in-command of the Sons of Korhal. Following Arcturus Mengsk's betrayal, she was captured and infested by the Zerg Swarm, ultimately becoming the self-proclaimed Queen of Blades and leader of the Swarm.
At the Dominion Ghost Academy, ghosts in training are told the Confederacy allowed Kerrigan to "defect" to the zerg. Non-control zerg strains referred to her as "the Kerrigan."
Gameplay Summary Edit
Kerrigan gains shields by attacking and dealing damage, and can use her wings to swoop up multiple enemies.
- High burst damage
- Strong dive with can be used multiple times quickly if planned correctly
- Can gain sustainable shield from that enables herself starting from level 10
- Strong against set-up that utilizes summons, as she takes advantage of extra health pool they provide
- Although laning gains shield, Kerrigan demands too much mana for dealing burst damage to low-damage minions, and shields may be wasted
- has high skill ceiling
- Fragile and vulnerable to crowd control
- Lacks sustained damage which makes her shield useless in prolonged fights
- Heavily reliant on backup from allied heroes
- Escape is difficult if enemy is carefully positioned
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- Queen of Blades (base)
|Queen of Blades||Toxic||Char||Shadow 100|
- Succubus 100
- Kerrigan, the Queen of Suffering, rules over her brood of succubi with a fel iron fist. Warlocks brash enough to summon her risk facing her terrible vengeance.
- This skin is related to the Warcraft themed-skins.
- Primal Queen 100
- The primal zerg essences within Kerrigan cannot remain static for too long. With every kill, they incorporate their foe's strengths, becoming increasingly deadly...and spikey.
- Mistress 100
- Among all the demons of the Burning Legion, the succubi are the ones who are most delighted by inflicting anguish upon their foes. Mistress Kerrigan is far better at it than most.
- This skin is related to the Warcraft themed-skins.
- Cheerleader 400
- Unsurprisingly, cheerleading for the Burning Courts can be extraordinarily demanding. As team captain, Kerrigan has little patience for squad members who can't take the heat.
- This skin is related to the Burning Court themed-skins. Features themed animations.
|Fighting 600||Heartbreaker 600|
- Queen of Ghosts 1600
- Fully cleansed by the Xel'Naga Artifact, Kerrigan joined forces with Jim Raynor and Prince Valerian. Armed with the latest Umojan tech, they prepare to bring Arcturus to justice once and for all.
- Features themed abilities and replaced voice-over.
|Queen of Ghosts||Vespene||Cruel||Queen of MEKA 2400|
|Queen of Templar 2400||Ghost Speeder mount|
- Countess von Kerrigan, the Queen of Ravens 400 (Hallow's End skin)
- Countess Sarah von Kerrigan's bloodthirst knew no bounds. It was only a matter of time before the Vampire Slayers of Raven Court rose up against her reign of terror.
- This skin is related to the Raven Court themed-skins. Features themed animations and themed mount.
|Countess Kerrigan||Emerald||Onyx||Bat Transformation "mount"|
Kerrigan was conceived within the first two years of the game's development.
Blizzard DotA Edit
In 2010, Kerrigan was present in the game as early as its "Blizzard DotA" conception. In this version, she was an individual from the Antiverse. In this reality, she was betrayed by Raynor at New Gettysburg. She willingly embraced infestation by the zerg so that she could battle against the Terran Dominion.
In terms of gameplay, Kerrigan was originally a DPS-type hero. She could use her abilities to kill large numbers of enemy units simultaneously and could surprise enemy heroes with huge bursts of damage. She benefited from intelligence items. She was compared to heroes like Krobelus, Darchow, or Lion from the original DotA.
Kerrigan could originally ride a zergling mount.
- Life: 2+
- Attack: Almost 3
- Abilities: 4
- Speed: 3+
- Force Shield
- Force Wave
- Soul Siphon
- Chain Lightning
Heroes of the Storm Edit
- Kerrigan's trailer quote is an altered form of her monologue delivered in the intro of Heart of the Swarm.
- A mini-figure of Kerrigan based on her appearance in the game was released in May, 2015.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch September 5, 2017) Note: Fighting Cheerleader and Heartbreaker Cheerleader skins added.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Queen of MEKA Kerrigan and Queen of Templar Kerrigan skins added.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: Received updated visual effects to coincide with Talent updates.
- (Patch May 16, 2017) Note: Dorm Cheerleader Kerrigan has been added in honor of UTA HOTS, the 2017 Heroes of the Dorm champions!
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: The Countess Kerrigan skin now plays animations while Maelstrom is active.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Queen of Ghosts skin added.
- (Patch July 27, 2016) Note: Base Health decreased from 1848 to 1680; Base Health Regeneration decreased from 3.95 to 3.64 per second.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Base Health increased from 1680 to 1848; Health Regen increased from 3.5 to 3.8 per second; Base Attack damage increased from 109 to 120.
- (Patch May 19, 2016) Note: Kerrigan’s Abilities will no longer receive cooldown reduction for cleave damage dealt to secondary targets of her Basic Attacks after learning the Fury of the Swarm and Bladed Momentum Talents.
- (Patch March 29, 2016) Note: Kerrigan’s prices have been reduced to $6.49 USD and 4,000 Gold.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: The Countess Kerrigan and Mecha Tassadar Skins will now default to their unique Mounts in regular games after they are purchased.
- ↑ Heroes: Kerrigan, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2014-05-08
- ↑ 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21
- ↑ 2016-07-14, Dustin Browder's Twitter. Accessed on 2016-08-23
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2010-10-22, Kerrigan. StarCraft Legacy, accessed on 2010-10-22
- ↑ 2011-10-31, Blizzcon 2011: Blizzard DOTA FAQ, Photos, & Video. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2011-11-07
- ↑ StarCraft Legacy staff. 2010-10-22. BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Custom Maps and Editor Panel. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2010-10-23.
- ↑ 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- ↑ 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-11-19
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Mike Fahey. 2011-10-24. The Queen of Blades is No Match for the New and Improved Blizzard DOTA. Kotaku. Accessed 2012-05-13.
- ↑ SC2 DotA Kerrigan, StarCraft Legacy. Accessed on 2014-04-01
- ↑ 2015-05-14, We're here for a quick Q&A on the Kael'thas patch. Reddit, accessed on 2015-05-19
- ↑ 2015-02-19, Pre-Order FUNKO Heroes of the Storm Mystery Minis Mini-Figures. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-02-20