Mechas Vs. Kaijos is the unofficial name of the futuristic version of Earth that features an ongoing battle between the mecha and kaijo.
The Mechas are sentient fighting machines developed by humanity to combat the Kaijos, as well the mysterious Xenotech.
Kaijo are a race of creatures that apparently had their origin in Tristram Labs, as the city's government utilized nuclear power. These monsters currently plague the continent of Africa, but have some have been sighted at Neo-Stormwind.
A number of Heroes are from the universe associated with the Mechastorm universe.
- The Defense mecha Cyb'arak designed by Frozen Throne technologies has proven instrumental in the defense of the African continent against the Kaijo monsters.
- Zerus-class mech D3-H4K4 was developed to gather Kaijo DNA mid-combat. Troublingly, the onboard AI has begun rejecting orders, extracting "essence" from its own targets.
- The scientists of Tristram Labs had grown overconfident. They believed the power of the atom was finally under their control. They were wrong.
- The Kaijo Diablo could not be contained; cities worldwide had been reduced to cinders. Now humanity's survival hangs upon the untested mecha, Tassadar.
- The Rehgar mecha serves as the command unit for the Principality of Orgrimmar's Ghost Wolf Brigade. Its ability to support Mechastorm's forces proved invaluable when the xenotech menace invaded.
- Neo Stormwind's latest Angiris-class mecha ultilizes a cerebro-mech modeled after the legendary Mecha Tassadar. Once deployed, the Tyrael unit will dispense justice for the atrocities committed during the great Mecha War.
- Humanity had never considered that sentient machines could exist in the darkness beyond the earth. From distant stars, Abathur's xenotech invaders came to plunder the earth's resources and further their evolution.
- "Kaijo" is likely a pun on kaiju, a type of creature found in Japanese monster films.
- "Mecha" refer to both scientific ideas and science fiction genres that centers on robots or machines that are either sentient or controlled by people. Mechas are typically depicted as "walker" types of mobile robots.