(9/10) (5/10) (4/10) (7/10)
Kael'thas, the Sun King is an assassin hero from the Warcraft franchise. He was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2011. Like all Blood Elves, Prince Kael'thas was transformed by the fall of Quel'thalas. Desperate to save his people from being consumed by their magical addiction, he joined forces with the Burning Legion and now lords over Tempest Keep.
Kael'thas Sunstrider was a senior member of the Kirin Tor and the Prince of Quel'Thalas, the last of the Sunstrider dynasty. After the fall of Quel'Thalas, Kael'thas led what remained of his people in the service of the Alliance. Striving to placate his people's addiction to magic, he later covertly allied with Illidan Stormrage, the Naga and the Burning Legion. He was branded a traitor after his allegiance with the Legion was revealed. Kael'thas plotted to summon Kil'jaeden through the Sunwell, but his plans were foiled by the Shattered Sun Offensive. He was defeated by their forces in Magisters' Terrace.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- The Sun King
|The Sun King||Ivory||Silver||Forest 100|
- StormPunk 100
- On some worlds, technology and magic are not so different. Those who master both, like Lord Kael'thas, can create both wonders and terrors beyond your imagination.
- Stormbot 100
- Originally constructed to be a magician's assistant, Kael'thas's preprogrammed aptitude for sorcery soon catapulted him past the expertise of his own creators.
- Sovereign 100
- Only the finest of robes and armor may adorn the Sun King. His majesty and brilliance must shine forth like the sun itself.
- Cyberhawk 400
- Sunstrider Industries CEO Mikael Thoss uses his company's vast wealth and cutting edge technology to protect the innocent as Cyberhawk, the Avian Avenger!
- The "Cyberhawk" skin appears to be a sattire of both Batman and Iron Man.
- The "Cyborghawk" variant references Genji due its color scheme.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Kael’thas’ prices have been reduced to $8.49 USD and 7,000 Gold.
- (Patch April 12, 2016) Note: Health increased from 1465 to 1520.; Health Regeneration increased from approximately 3.05 to 3.17 Health per second.
- (Patch March 29, 2016) Note: Received updated visual effects for Abilities and Talents that have been reworked.
- (Patch February 10, 2016) Note: Basic Attack damage reduced from 87 (+4% per level) to 65 (+4% per level).
- ↑ 2014-04-14, Heroes of the Storm PAX East 2014 Recap: Interface Changes, New Heroes, New Hero Models and Skins, Developer Interview. Heroes Nexus, accessed on 2014-04-17
- ↑ 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07