Johanna the Crusader hails from the Diablo universe, and in Heroes of the Storm, she takes on the role of a formidable warrior Hero who is exceptionally tenacious. She is able to shrug off blows that would crush any other hero, and she uses her flail and her shield to mete out devastating justice on the battlefield. Johanna is at the ready to oppose evil wherever it may lurk, and she’s someone you’ll want to have at your side as you answer the call of the Nexus!
There have been many women who have borne the name Johanna in service of the crusade, and each has given her life to purify her faith. Johanna carries on their legacy as she searches the kingdom of Khanduras for the fallen star.
Johanna was famous for her skillful shield work in combat. When she vanished, leaving her shield and favorite flail behind, many speculated that she was dead. At the least, it appeared that her journey was unplanned. She did not have an apprentice.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- Crusader of Zakarum (base)
|Crusader of Zakarum||Ivory||Onyx||Scarlet 100|
- Centurion 100
- At Emperor Severus's command, an entire legion marched against the portal of the gods. All but one returned home, a single centurion taken as punishment for man's hubris.
- Sacred Oath 100
- The Crusader's armor is an emblem of their identity. Over the centuries it is constantly molded and reshaped to fit the needs and personality of its current master.
- Spellbreaker 400
- While most spellbreakers serve in defense of Quel'thalas, Johanna has embarked on a crusade to purify the lands of Lordaeron, instead. She will not rest until her homeland is restored.
- This skin is related to the Warcraft themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
- Enforcer 600
- To join the Specialized Tactical Operations and Rescue Missions (STORM) Unit, prospective agents must meet drill sergeant Johanna's daunting requirements. Her family's long legacy as STORM officers makes it hard to impress her.
The crusader was listed for possible inclusion as early as February, 2014. It was stated that in the event of the crusader's inclusion, the game's developers would correspond with those of Team 3, who are responsible for development of the Diablo franchise. Feedback would be given on the "essence" of the Crusader, as the number of abilities the crusader could have in Heroes of the Storm would be much smaller than in Diablo III. The model of a female crusader was shown at BlizzCon 2014.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch March 6, 2018) Note: Enforcer skins added.
- (Patch October 11, 2017) Note: Base Maximum Health increased from 2179 to 2350; Health regen increased from 4.5 to 4.9.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Holy Spellbreaker Johanna added.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: +25 Physical Armor; Health reduced from 2451 to 2179; Health Regen reduced from 5.11 to 4.54.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Johanna’s prices have been reduced to $6.49 USD and 4,000 Gold.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Centurion Johanna has received updated cloth physics. The voiceover for Johanna's Falling Sword and Blessed Shield abilities can no longer be heard globally.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: Johanna's death audio will no longer play globally.
- (Patch June 2, 2015) Note: Added to game.
- ↑ 2014-02-07, Heroes of the Storm Developer Q&A Part 2 (Jan 22, 2014) – Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-06-11
- ↑ 2014-11-07, Heroes of the Storm Panel - Live Update. Heroes Nexus, accessed on 2014-11-08