Heroes Brawl takes the current iteration of Heroes of the Storm and turns it on its head in a special mode that applies a different set of rules and conditions each week. Provided players participate in at least three matches per week they will be rewarded with portraits and up to 1,000 gold.
Length of play time will vary depending on the brawl, ranging anywhere from a quick four-minute match to almost 20 minutes.
AFK detection is present in Heroes Brawl. Players who become inactive during a Brawl will be disconnected from the match.
Brawl maps fall into one of three categories:
- One-lane maps
- Altered maps: These fall under “mutators,” “standard battlegrounds with substantial modifiers."
- Arena maps: this was introduced at BlizzCon 2015.
- The Sky Temple Arena requires players to capture temples in order to unleash a beam to destroy the enemy core
- Garden Arena rewards teams with a win if they gather the most seeds. Heroes are also selected via a three-hero shuffle system, and they aren’t necessarily part of the player’s earned heroes.
- Ghost Protocol is a modified version of Towers of Doom
- Hammer Time is a modified version of Towers of Doom
- Punisher Arena is a simple game where the highest number of hero and Punisher kills determines the winner. Teams will have Punishers working for them rather than having to earn them. These Punisher kills reward roughly twice the number of points as killing an opposing hero. 100 points nabs the match, but it’s a best-of-three scenario.
- Snow Brawl is a modified version of Cursed Hollow
- Bloodlust Brawl is a modified version of Dragon Shire
- Ghost Protocol – All heroes are Nova; functions as an insta-kill shot. This takes place on the Towers of Doom map. Additionally, if a player lands a killing hit on an enemy Nova, a beam strikes the enemy core.
- Hammer Time – All heroes must play as Sgt. Hammer, with her thrusters permanently engaged; in this version, the cores are invulnerable, so the objective is to capture as many towers as possible.
- Familiar maps might only have a single lane.
- Only spell-using heroes will be allowed.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: AFK Detection Added.
- (Patch October 25, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue causing an "Unmet Requirements" message to pop up when in a party queued for Heroes Brawl.; Removed an inaccurate line from the Punisher Arena's Info Panel at the queue screen.; Fixed an issue causing Heroes Brawl score screens to incorrectly display Hero level ups and gold grants when certain conditions were met.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Added.