- For the Grunty skin available in-game, see Murky.
Grunty is a murloc marine. He appeared in early builds of Heroes of the Storm. He has since become an alternative skin for Murky. Grunty was sucked into a magic vortex and whipped across the dimensions when he battled a 25-man raid one Tuesday night. Deposited in the Koprulu sector, Grunty often finds himself among the zerg as murlocs are the only creatures the zerg have ever refused to infest.
Grunty was conceived within the first two years of the game's development. He appeared in early builds of Heroes of the Storm. He was good at supporting heroes, was the fastest hero in the game and benefited from dexterity items, but was easily killed. He was classed as an agility, carry-type hero.
He was similar to a stealth assassin from DotA with a ranged attack rather than cloaking.
His stats and abilities were as follows:
- Life: 1
- Attack: Almost 6
- Abilities: 4
- Speed: 6
- Aqua Shot
- Lunar Tide
- Rapid Fire
- Vigor 
- ↑ 2014-05-20, MURKY HERO WEEK. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-03-07
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Grunty Profile, StarCraft Legacy. Accessed on 2010-12-09
- ↑ 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 StarCraft Legacy staff. 2010-10-22. BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Custom Maps and Editor Panel. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2010-10-23.
- ↑ 2010-10-24, BlizzCon 2010 Art Panel. StarCraft Legacy, accessed on 2010-12-09
|Canceled Aspects of Heroes of the Storm|