- See also Currency.
- Playing a match (non-vs-A.I. and not ina brawl) gives you 20 gold, or 30 gold if you win. A stimpack increases this to 50 and 75 per match, respectively.
- Every 5 Hero levels (5, 10, 15 etc.) (out-of-game) on any Hero gives you 500.
- Winning a vs-A.I. match gives you 10 gold. A stimpack increases this to 25 gold.
- Completing a quest gives you 200 to 800 gold, depending on the quest.
- Completing the Introduction tutorial for 250 gold, the Basic tutorial for 250 gold, and Advanced tutorial for 500g. Press Escape when you're in the main menu and then hit tutorials and select which ever one.
Before HotS 2.0 patch
- Reaching player levels 10, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 gives you 2000 gold each.
- Reaching Hero level 5 on any Hero gives you 5000 gold each.
- Reaching Hero level 9 on any Hero gives you 750 gold each.
- Reaching Hero level 15 on any Hero gives you 1,000 gold each.
- Reaching Hero level 20 on any Hero gives you 2,000 gold each.
- Gold is the de facto currency for both the Diablo and Warcraft series.
- Treasure goblins could be killed for 100 gold per day in the Eternal Conflict event.
- ↑ 2015-06-17, E3 Expo 2015 – Heroes of the Storm: Eternal Conflict Expansion. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-06-23