- Map description(src)
Garden of Terror is a three-lane battleground. When night falls, the shamblers will come out in the garden area of the battleground. Normal mercenary camps only disappear when a team spawns a Garden Terror.
Once the royal gardens were a splendor to behold. But lately a shadow has fallen over them...Writhing tendrils creep across the grounds at night, and a number of servants have disappeared while walking its twisting paths. Queen Nightshade claims to be unaware of these incidents, but some are beginning to suspect she has gone mad.
Battleground Tips Edit
The map has a day/night sequence. During the night players will want to gather seeds, 100 of which will allow them to summon a Garden Terror in their main space on a patch of fertile soil. The hero who moves onto the patch will become the Garden Terror (in a manner similar to the Dragon Knight of Dragon Shire). This is a timed summon.
At night, players will want to kill shamblers that spawn all over the map, indicated by purple marks. During night, visibility is reduced. The night sequence will not end until all the shamblers are killed. Night persists until all the horrors (which drop seeds) have been killed.
Heroes that may function the best in the Garden of Terror:
- Heroes that have summons and/or can jungle well such as Gazlowe and Zagara
- Heroes that have good AoE and/or are difficult to ambush like Stitches, Brightwing, and Falstad
- Heroes or talents that allow you to scout, such as Tassadar
- When it becomes night in The Garden of Terror, the announcer will sometimes say "what a joyous night to have a curse." This may be a reference to when it becomes night time in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, a dialog box stating "what a horrible night to have a curse."
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Received a number of minor layout improvements in order to alleviate certain areas that could create awkward gameplay moments.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Shielding a Structure will no longer prevent a Garden Terror's bonus siege damage from being applied.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue in which certain movement-based Abilities, such as Kerrigan’s Ravage or Chen’s Flying Kick, could not target the Doubloon Chests on Blackheart’s Bay, or Plant Terror Overgrowths on Garden of Terror.; Enemy Heroes within a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror will no longer become unresponsive if that vehicle is killed by Sylvanas’ Unstable Poison.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: Lighting during the map event on Garden of Terror has been changed to improve overall visual quality and clarity.; In-game music for the Sky Temple, Tomb of the Spider Queen, and Garden of Terror Battlegrounds has been updated.
- ↑ Garden of Terror, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-05-01
- ↑ 2014-07-16, Heroes of the Storm to get a new map-Garden of Terror. Power Leveled, accessed on 2014-08-02
- ↑ 2014-07-24, Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha Patch Notes build 0.5.0.31360. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-08-02