The Garden Terror is a summon in the Garden of Terror map. It is summoned on a patch of fertile soil after collecting 100 seeds, during which the player that moves onto the patch within their base becomes the Terror for a limited amount of time. It will die if a player does not take control of the terror within a minute of it spawning.
The Garden Terror is a very powerful summon, and contrary to the Dragon Knight, has moderate damage but extremely high health. Controlling the Garden Terror will allow a player to easily soak up huge amounts of damage while being able to disable enemy forts with its abilities. Because of the Garden Terror's powerful abilities and skills, gathering enough seeds before the enemy team can is crucial. It is recommended to support the Garden Terror with powerful Assassin or Warrior heroes, as the Garden Terror only deals moderate damage compared to the Dragon Knight.
|Queen's Curse||After a short delay, enemy heroes in the target area are turned into plant zombies and are Polymorphed for 5 seconds.|
|Overgrowth||Disables all enemy structures within a large area as long as the Overgrowth remains alive. Disables the enemy Core. Health increases the longer the game progresses. Bonus damage against structures is 200%.|
|Sprint||Gives the Garden Terror a temporary boost in movement speed.|
|Terror of the Garden||Reduces the duration of Blinds by 50%.|
- Regeneration Globes do not heal Garden Terrors.
- Instead, Regeneration Globe effects are applied directly to the Hero inside the Garden Terror.
- Players within a Garden Terror can accumulate stacks for Talents such as Seasoned Marksman, Gathering Power, Regeneration Master, etc.
- Basic attacks instantly kill minions.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: Terror of the Garden (Passive) now also reduces the duration of Blinds by 50%.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue which prevented the Garden Terror’s Overgrowth from being cast if its area of effect would overlap with the opposing team’s Hall of Storms.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Increased Overgrowth's damage bonus against Structures from 100% to 200%.
- (Patch June 14, 2016) Note: The Garden Terror's basic attack splash will now correctly deal bonus damage to structures affected by Overgrowth.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: The Dragon Knight and Garden Terror have received updated Ability button art.
- (Patch March 29, 2016) Note: Basic Attack damage reduced by 15%; Basic Attacks now deal 50% damage to nearby non-Heroic enemies; Basic Attacks now instantly kill Minions; Overgrowth (W): No longer affects Minions or Mercenaries; No longer deals damage to Structures; Garden Terror now deals 100% bonus damage to Structures disabled by Overgrowth; Maximum duration increased from 15 to 25 seconds; Cooldown increased from 15 to 25 seconds; Health increased by 100%.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Silences will no longer prevent Heroes from entering a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror.
- (Patch October 20, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue that caused abnormal Hero movement when a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror was killed or expired nearby.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Regeneration Globes will no longer heal Dragon Knights and Garden Terrors. Instead, Regeneration Globe effects will now be applied directly to the Hero inside the Dragon Knight or Garden Terror. Players within a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror can now also accumulate stacks for Talents such as Seasoned Marksman, Gathering Power, Regeneration Master, etc.; Overgrowth (W): Now also disables the enemy Core. Health now increases the longer the game progresses.
- ↑ 2014-07-24, Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha Patch Notes build 0.5.0.31360. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-08-02
- ↑ 2014-11-12, Heroes of the Storm: Garden of Terror Battleground. YouTube, accessed on 2015-05-01