The event was available for testing on the Public Test Realm starting on June 4, 2018.
The Event Edit
Pick a side in the battle for Alterac Pass and earn special rewards depending on your selection. Choose carefully—once you pick a side, the other questline will become inaccessible. Don’t worry: all Quest rewards will become available in basic Loot Chests next summer.
- Step 1: Play 4 games as a Warcraft Hero.
- Reward: Warcraft Reinforcements Chest*.
- Step 2: Achieve 50 Takedowns in winning games.
- Reward: Swift Stormpike/Raging War Wolf Portrait.
- Step 3: Play 6 games with friends.
- Reward: Alliance/Horde Banner.
- Step 4: Win 8 games as a Warcraft Hero.
- Reward: Swift Stormpike/Raging War Wolf Mount.
*Warcraft Reinforcements Chests have an increased chance to drop any Warcraft Hero (except for Yrel).
Bonus XP Edit
Play with friends during Echoes of Alterac to earn a 50% XP boost. Rally the troops and get in there!
New Hero Edit
- Main article: Yrel
After traveling to an Alternate Draenor, the forces of Azeroth saved the acolyte Yrel from the Iron Horde. With their aid, she rose to the rank of Exarch and fought back the demonic invasion of her world. Now, she finds herself where time, space, and dimensions converge: the Nexus.
New Battleground Edit
- Main article: Alterac Pass
The horns of war echo once again across the snowy slopes of Alterac. This time, something is different. Powerful Heroes join the Alliance and Horde, while the legendary generals Vanndar and Drek’Thar are infused with strange Nexus energies.
New skins Edit
A select few heroes are receiving new skins specifically to the event: