Dragon Shire is a 5v5 battleground. Dragon Shire is very large. It has lots of gardens, lots of knights and squires, lords, ladies, and maidens. However, these lush and deceptively peaceful gardens have grown over time, covering a once molten realm known as Dragon Spire. Beneath this verdant paradise, the ancient power of the dragons was sealed away...and their descendants have neither forgotten nor forgiven the trespasses of those who wronged them.
Battleground Tips Edit
The Dragon Knight lies dormant in the Dragon Altar at the center of the map, and teams must capture the two obelisks at the top and bottom of the battleground to receive his power.
There are two lanes on this battleground, with an obelisk near each lane and the Dragon Altar located in the center of the map, closer to top lane. One watchtower at the center of the map covers most paths through the jungle, giving you vision of enemy movements and rotations. Mercenary camps are located very close to each team's forts, which makes it difficult to take an opponent's mercenaries.
The Dragon Altar at the center of the map remains locked until one team captures both the Obelisk of the Sun and the Obelisk of the Moon. Once captured, the altar unlocks for that team only, and a hero can channel for a short period on the altar to become the Dragon Knight. The Dragon Knight form lasts for a couple of minutes and grants the hero a massive power boost
Map-unique objectives Edit
The unique objective revolves around capturing the two Obelisks in order to unleash the Dragon Knight.
There are two Obelisks: the Obelisk of the Sun located at the top lane, and the Obelisk of the Moon at the bottom. Basically what you have to do with them is to channel on them for a certain duration and unlock the Dragon Knight. Note that capturing one Obelisk means nothing, and with only one Obelisk captured the enemy team still has a chance to capture it too.
Dragon Knight Edit
Once the two Obelisks are captured by one team, the team with the possession of the two Obelisks chooses a team member to go to the alter (center of the map) and channel upon it. Once done the Obelisks go back neutral, however they can not be channeled upon until the death of the Dragon Knight or his time expires (at most, it can only last a few minutes).
The Dragon Knight himself is a very fast, mobile tank/dps who can single-handedly (most of the time) tank Tower Attacks.
- The battleground is Blizzard's take on a classic fairy tale setting, harkening to works such as Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. It harkens to a small faerie tale town and castle rather than the Medieval style of castle found within the Warcraft series.
- Dragon Shire was originally part of the Kings Crest battleground as a town section.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Received a number of minor layout improvements in order to alleviate certain areas that could create awkward gameplay moments.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: Dragon Shire has received additional optimization improvements.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: The Dragon Shire and Sky Temple Battlegrounds have received several A.I. improvements. A.I. controlled Heroes can now travel long distances more effectively, and will travel to take part in objectives from anywhere on the Battleground. A.I. controlled Heroes will now wait near an objective until enough allies have arrived that they can commit to a team fight at that objective.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Heroes that are near a Dragon Knight when it is killed will no longer exhibit unexpected movement behavior.; Enemy Heroes within a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror will no longer become unresponsive if that vehicle is killed by Sylvanas’ Unstable Poison.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2014-02-20, Heroes of the Storm Developer Q&A Part 3 (Feb 20, 2014) – Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-06-15
- ↑ Dragon Shire, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-06-02
- ↑ 2013-12-11, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm Overview Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-04-27
- ↑ 2014-03-12, Heroes of the Storm Developer Q&A Part 3 (Feb 20, 2014) – Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-06-18