Diablo is able to charge at his opponents, soaking up damage and dealing it back threefold.
Known in the ancient tongue as Al'Diabolos, the Prime Evil Reincarnate, the Demon Lord Diablo seeks to claim the world of Sanctuary for the Burning Hells. His victims are innumerable, his schemes unknowable, his gender malleable, with his own occupation as an artist of fear having risen to greater prominence since the character was created in 1996 in the first Diablo game.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Diablo is an aggressive Warrior who fulfills both the role of a Tank and a Bruiser, due his unique abilities that make him an excellent duelist and ganker, as well being very resilient. He is unique as his trait, , allows him to progressively increase his healthpool to massive amounts (reaching over 7000 at level 20 with max souls), with an added effect of greatly decreasing his respawn timer if he dies at the maximum of 100 stacks.
Overall, Diablo has a solid kit suited for ganking-oriented teams, where he can can catch Heroes offguard and interrupt abilities, making him outstanding in maps that require a lot of movement between objectives. He shines in Double Warrior compositions.
- Massive healthpool once reaches 100 souls, meaning 40% increased health.
- In addition, dying when at maximum stacks causes him to respawn in 5 seconds.
- Solid ganking kit, with multiple crowd control abilities and interrupts.
- Flexible talent options.
- is an outstanding gap closer, being an aggressive engaging tool, excellent for starting team fights and putting opponents out of position.
- In addition, Shadow Charge can go through any kind of structure and obstacle.
- is a powerful follow up to Shadow Charge, allowing for an effective 2 step combo for body blocking foes.
- is relatively useful for waveclear, and can deal consistent damage at very close range.
- is a global-range Heroic Ability that can completely change the course of teamfights.
- covers huge range, being a quite strong follow-up when the allied team already features solid crowd control.
- can save Diablo from tight situations by providing a decent sustain and damage, specially against melee oriented teams.
- provides Diablo with a very needed mobility tool, which an added effect of being able to stun opponents.
- Low damage output unless under the right circumstances.
- Poor movement options for escaping if charging too deep into the enemy territory.
- While dying at maximum stacks of means a 5 second respawn, Diablo has to farm for souls again in order to regain his high healthpool.
- Not very effective on defensive teams.
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
- Balanced Build: focused on giving Diablo a healthy blend of survivability, damage and utility, allowing him to effectively initiate teamfights and gank isolated foes. Key talents include , which greatly increases the range of , thus allowing him to surprise and chase his opponents; , enabling him to use Shadow Charge and more often by simply Basic Attacking; and , which makes the Shadow Charge > Overpower combo even more powerful, as it allows Diablo to use Shadow Charge again, thus further pushing away his victim from safety. Some talents can be changed depending on the situation, such as , which is incredibly powerful against Double Warrior compositions and on maps with lots of tight spaces.
- Try not to dive too deep and leave Diablo vulnerable among his enemies, which will give him little chances of escaping.
- Remember to farm for souls again should Diablo die at 100 stacks of , in order to regain the bonus health lost.
- However, do not prioritize farming over teamfights and objectives. Unlike The Butcher, who has manually collect his , Diablo gets his Souls naturally by standing nearby Minions and Heroes who perish next to him.
- Consider taking the talent should the enemy team feature two or more "Mage" Assassins (i.e. Azmodan, Chromie, Kael'thas, Ragnaros).
- > is Diablo's bread and butter combo to disrupt his opponents; this becomes even more powerful by picking the level 16 talent , effectively allowing for Shadow Charge > Overpower > Shadow Charge.
- Shadow Charge can be used as a disengage tool, as long there are enemy minions away from the enemy team.
- Use to check bushes and suspecting stealthed Heroes nearby.
- Save for moments where the enemy team is about to unleash their own cooldowns, specially those that require stationary channeling (i.e. Junkrat's and Nazeebo's ). It is also very effective to start engages if the allied team has proper ways to follow-up.
- Use as a follow-up to a chain of crowd control on the enemy team.
- It is great when used in enclosed spaces, such as Mercenary Camps, or when defending static objectives.
Diablo is best when paired with Heroes that can reliably follow-up and/or opening chances for him to disrupt the enemy team. Heroes that feature any kind of hard crowd control (such as stuns and roots) have great synergy with all of Diablo's abilities. Because of this, having another Warrior can greatly improve Diablo's performance.
Effective against EditDiablo shines against opponents with poor mobility, as he can pressure them by simply charging with . His ability to dive into the backline, combined with his massive bulk, makes him perfect at interrupting the rotations of his enemies, such as channeled cooldowns.
Effective foes Edit
Having one of the largest health pools in the game, Diablo is naturally countered by Heroes that can deal direct damage to health percentage. In addition, solid and defensive backlines capable of negating his Shadow Charge > Overpower combo can make extremely difficult for Diablo to make his job properly.
- Lord of Terror (base)
|Lord of Terror||Visceral||Onyx||Toxic 100|
- Kaijo 100
- The scientists of Tristram Labs had grown overconfident. They believed the power of the atom was finally under their control. They were wrong.
- This skin is related to the Mechas VS Kaijos themed-skins.
- Iron Diablo 100
- The heroes foolishly believed shattering his soulstone upon the Hellforge would end his reign. Now, adorned with the Hellforge's remnants, he would shatter every bone in their bodies in return.
*Though the spelling is fel in World of Warcraft, fell is the spelling used in Heroes of the Storm for this skin.
- Lurkablo 400
- It is with hushed whispers the fishermen of Stormwind speak of the Lord of the Depths. His very name an eternal curse upon any angler foolish enough to speak it aloud: Lurkablo.
This skin is related to the Warcraft themed-skins. Features altered voice-over.
Features altered voice-over and themed abilities.
- Prime Evil Diablo 1600
- After twenty years, all seven essences swirled within the Black Soulstone. With Adria's final betrayal, the seven were combined into one, giving rise to a reborn Diablo... the Prime Evil.
Features replaced voice-over.
|Horrific 2400||Timeless 2400|
- A mini-figure of Diablo based on his appearance in the game was released in May 2015.
Diablo was conceived within the first two years of the game's development.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Skyborne Archangel Diablo, Horrific Prime Evil Diablo, Timeless Prime Evil Diablo skins added.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: Prime Evil Diablo’s model while no longer freeze in place during its victory animation.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Prime Evil skin added.; Fixed an issue preventing Diablo from using Basic Attacks against his Overpower target if Overpower was interrupted by Zeratul’s Void Prison.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Fixed a visual issue affecting Diablo's tail during certain animations.
- (Patch December 20, 2016) Note: Base Maximum Health reduced from 2647 to 2567; Health Regen reduced from 5.52 to 5.35.
- (Patch December 14, 2016) Note: Received updated visual effects and talent icon color tints.
- (Patch December 6, 2016) Note: Diablo's Basic Attack has received responsiveness improvements.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Diablo has received additional idle animation polish.; Received custom Hearthstone animations.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Diablo’s prices have been reduced to $3.49 USD and 2,000 Gold.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Diablo III and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls players who log in to Heroes during the three weeks following the release of today's patch will permanently receive Diablo in Heroes of the Storm.
- ↑ 2013-11-10, Blizzcon 2013: Heroes of the Storm - Overview. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-09
- ↑ 2015-02-19, Pre-Order FUNKO Heroes of the Storm Mystery Minis Mini-Figures. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-02-20
- ↑ 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21
- ↑ 2013-11-11, Heroes of the Storm: Sixen Interviews Dustin Browder. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- ↑ 2014-05-21, Blizzard set out to make a StarCraft mod, and instead reinvented gaming's most popular genre. Polygon, accessed on 2014-05-22
- ↑ 2015-11-06, Heroes of the Storm – Hero Deep Dive | Summary. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-11-09