- See also: Sandbox Custom Game
Custom games can be used to set up pre-arranged matches with and against other chosen players. In the lobby, after selecting a battleground, all players will be placed on a new lobby screen which will allow the lobby host to add and remove human or A.I. players, and organize observers and teams much more easily. Once the teams have been set up, the host can then hit the "start game" button to enter hero selection.
- There are four observer slots in the lobby, which allows for up to six observers total.
- Including replay lobbies, this means 16 players total can use "Watch with Others" to view replays.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch November 22, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause the game client to crash after exiting a Custom game.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: Players can now leave Custom games by choosing Quit or Exit to Desktop.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Rejoin is now optional for Training Mode, Single Player Versus AI, and Custom game. Simply hit the “Nope!” button when prompted to Rejoin.
- (Patch March 1, 2016) Note: Four more Observer Slots have been added to Custom Game lobbies, which now allow for up to 6 Observers in total.; This change also affects Replay lobbies, meaning that up to 16 players can now use Watch with Others to view Replays simultaneously.
- ↑ 2014-12-02, HEROES TECHNICAL ALPHA PATCH NOTES -- DECEMBER 2, 2014. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-12-03