(9/10) (4/10) (3/10) (5/10)
Chromie is an Ranged Assassin Hero from the Warcraft universe. At first glance, Chromie appears to be an ordinary gnome. In truth, she is Chronormu, Bronze Dragon and a master of time. Chromie uses her powers to control the flow of battle, slowing her enemies or even forcefully displacing them through time. When it comes to temporal manipulation, there’s no problem she can’t solve… With some help from her future self, or course.
Chronormu is a female bronze dragon. As a member of the Bronze Dragonflight, Chronormu seeks to maintain and restore various timelines of importance in Azeroth's recent history. Her preferred guise when dealing with mortals is Chromie, a charismatic, female gnome.
Heroes first encountered her in Andorhal, the site of some diabolical experiments by the Scourge. But when they started tampering with time, the bronze dragonflight sent Chronormu to investigate. She set up base of operations in the Andorhal inn, creating a time pocket in a single room. There, operating from another time, free of the Scourge's infestation, she could investigate without contaminating the timeline.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Chromie is an "mage" Assassin capable of dealing extremely high burst damage from very long distances, at the expense of requiring good timing and quick reflexes, as her abilities can be hard to land. Chromie is unique as she is the only Hero in the game that learns her talents earlier than her team members, giving her an advantage against the enemy team.
Overall, Chromie is best suited on team compositions featuring a solid frontline and crowd control, so she can continuosly unleash a barrage of attacks to devastate the enemy team.
- Learns talents earlier than other Heroes.
- Relatively low mana usage.
- Outstanding poking tools.
- High burst damage output.
- Very long range on all her Basic Abilities.
- is a great surprise attack since enemies cannot see where it will hit.
- is an effective zoning and area control tool.
- allows for lethal combos with her other abilities.
- is a very powerful area-of-denial ability.
- High learning curve.
- Very low healthpool.
- Limited mobility unless is taken.
- Susceptible to crowd control and dive.
- All her abilities, save for , are skillshots.
- Requires good positioning and timing to make the best of her abilities.
- and both have a considerable startup before firing.
- Not very effective against very mobile Heroes that can easily avoid or dodge her skillshots.
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Note: Keep in mind that Chromie earns her talents two levels earlier!
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
- Balanced Build: focused on providing a good blend of utility, damage and survivability. Important talents include , which adds an additional source of damage for Chromie, and , which greatly increases Chromie's damage output. This build is recommended for most situations.
- Dragon's Breath Build: focused on maximizing the raw damage from , combined with to secure her kills. This build is recommended when the enemy team lacks mobility and diving capacities.
- Time Trap Build: focused on maximizing the area control and utility provided by . This is an advanced build that requires specific conditions to be truly effective, such as a team with a strong follow-up potential. This build shines in smaller maps with a lot of bushes/vents, such as Tomb of the Spider Queen.
- Timing is key when playing as Chromie. Make sure to pratice her and combos in the Try Mode before attempting on real players.
- While Chromie has some few cookie-cutter builds, it is important to have flexibility and judge the situation accordingly to the enemy team, especially regarding her mobility options at level 13.
- is a very powerful escape tool if the enemy team has little to no hard crowd-control (such as stuns), allowing Chromie to escape the most dangerous situations.
- provides Chromie with a very much needed mobility tool, assuming the player completed the quest.
- is great against unescapable tracking abilities (i.e. Kael'thas' , The Butcher's ).
- is very useful against team compositions featuring very mobile Heroes (such as Tracer and Genji) that can easily dodge Chromie's abilities.
- is best when used at narrow choke points, to maximize its area of effect.
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- Keeper of Time (base)
|Keeper of Time||Emerald||Ruby|
- Timewalker 100
- The vestments of a Bronze Dragon are blessed by a power that exists beyond time and space. They are a fragment of both who Chromie was and who she is still yet to be.
- Fel Queen 400
- There are an infinite number of timelines and fixing any of them can be a tricky proposition. But this one where Chromie is Queen of the Fel Drakes? Yeah, that seems worth looking into.
- Dream Genie 400
- Despite their immense magical power, Luxorian genies usually guide and influence mortals by appearing in their dreams. Chromie, however, favors a more direct approach.
- Creepy 150 (Hallow's End event)
- This is definitely the darkest timelines.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: Creepie Chromie added.
- (Patch September 5, 2017) Note: Updated art to coincide with quest system updates.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Leper Timewalker Chromie skin added.
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: Chromie’s Hourglass will no longer appear to flicker after casting Hearthstone while moving.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Base maximum Health increased from 1260 to 1323; Health regen increased from 2.63 to 2.76.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Cancelling Chromie’s dance animation and then restarting it will no longer cause one of her clones to dissipate too early.
- (Patch June 2, 2016) Note: Health increased from 1128 (+4% per level) to 1260 (+4% per level); Health Regeneration increased from 2.4296 (+4% per level) to 2.625 (+4% per level).
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Added.