Braxis Holdout is a StarCraft-themed battleground for Heroes of the Storm, introduced with Machines of War. It consists of two lanes, with four mercenary camps and one boss located in the center of the map.
The United Earth Directorate used the remote and hostile planet Braxis to conduct experiments on ways to turn the Zerg swarm into a weapon they could unleash on their enemies. Though the main psi disrupter was destroyed, this space platform's beacons remain fully operational and ready to be used. Capture the beacons and watch what happens when a flood of weaponized Zerg ravages the battlefield.
Beacon events after the first will spawn 2 minutes and 10 seconds after a previous Zerg wave has been defeated.
Battleground Tips Edit
Braxis Holdout is a two-lane map, with two beacons located in the center and two Zerg holding pens located in each lane, one for each team. Periodically, the two beacons and one pen from each lane (belonging to opposite teams) will activate. When both beacons are held by the same team, that team's pen will begin to fill with Zerg. When one team's pen is full, the Zerg are released to attack down their respective lanes.
Zerg come in five varieties:
- Zergling: Weak melee attack unit released in large numbers to overwhelm defenses.
- Baneling: Suicide unit that explodes to deal damage against a building or Hero.
- Ultralisk: Powerful melee attack unit that can withstand heavy damage.
- Hydralisk: Ranged attack unit with moderately high damage.
- Guardian: Long-ranged attacker that can outrange base defenses.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch March 27, 2018) Note: Destroying a Healing Fountain will no longer cause Minimap icons for Healing Fountains in the top lane to disappear.
- (Patch February 6, 2018) Note: Fixed an issue in which A.I. Heroes would pace near an enemy Gate rather than attack the Core.
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Beacon events after the first will now consistently spawn 2 minutes and 10 seconds after a previous Zerg wave has been defeated.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Fixed a rare issue that could cause large units to get stuck on the corners of Structures.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue in which players could be kicked for inactivity while defending the Beacons.
- (Patch May 16, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause players to receive an AFK warning while contesting a Beacon. Beacon UI that appears below the minimap will now correctly appear neutral if they are not controlled by either team.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Heroes that are revealed by Raven Mercenaries will now display the revealed eye icon over their heads.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue causing Zerg melee units to crowd around enemy objects that were in the process of arming, such as Toxic Nests or Time Traps, rather than ignore them.
- (Patch February 14, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause Zerg units to become stuck in the walls of their pens.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: The Archangel will no longer leave its leash range to attack a nearby Murky Egg.
- (Patch December 14, 2016) Note: Initial Zergling spawn increased from 3 to 6 Zerglings.; XP awarded for destroying the Archangel now correctly scales over the course of the game.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: XP earned by capturing Mercenary Camps will now properly scale throughout the match.; Beacon progress bars will now update appropriately for Observers on Braxis Holdout.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Neutral Raven Mercenaries will no longer clip into the terrain after being knocked back.; Fixed an issue in which Zagara’s Mutalisk could cause a captured Archangel to exhibit pathing issues.; Fixed an issue in which a captured Archangel could target enemy Heroes with its Bullet Storm Ability.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Unit have received changes to health.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Added.