This is a two-lane map. Heroes battle to ensure their side's immortal survives the fight in the center of the map. The forces of Heaven must defend Ilarian while the forces of Hell must defend Beleth.
- Immortals will spawn at roughly 1:45 into the game at one of the four circles, having a level of roughly three. Prior to this, heroes skirmish and try to level as quickly as they can to four.
- Immortals will appear in the center of the map, spawning randomly across from one another to begin battling. The immortals' attacks are purely cosmetic and do not damage the opposing immortal.
- Heroes attempt to defend their immortal while taking down the opposing immortal. Immortals have two attacks used to defend themselves from enemy heroes:
- A cleave attack that hits an area around the immortal, stunning enemies and knocking them back.
- Creates several explosions at random areas around the immortal, stunning enemies caught within.
- When an immortal's health drops to 50%, it will charge into the center and clash with the opposing immortal. Then, one immortal moves to a random circle while the other moves to the one opposite to it. Combat then resumes until one immortal is defeated.
A surviving immortal:
- Gains a shield proportionate to its surviving health.
- Will attack the enemy's strongest lane.
- A new type of mercenary, taking the place of Knights as the Bruiser Camp.
- Come with two hounds each that they can resurrect.
- Focus is on taking down the Shaman rather than the hounds.
- A trio of khazra take the place the place of siege giants as the Siege Camp.
- Attack by throwing spears at long range.
- (Patch January 27, 2017) Note: Tyrael’s Holy Ground and Zagara’s Devouring Maw can no longer be used to displace the opposing Immortal while the Immortals are fighting.
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: Fixed an animation pop affecting Towers on the Heaven side of Diablo-themed Battlegrounds.; Fixed an issue that could prevent the Core on the Hell side of Battlefield of Eternity and Infernal Shrines from playing certain attack sounds.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: Enemy Heroes are no longer visible while inside the Vent located just below the Hell side’s center Gate.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: AI Heroes can now halt their attacks on Immortals at the center of the Battleground in order to gank an enemy Sgt. Hammer that is attacking inner-Towers and Keeps.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Immortals on Battlefield of Eternity are now consistently flagged as Bosses.
- (Patch November 17, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue that prevented Hero vision radiuses from displaying on Infernal Shrines and Battlefield of Eternity minimaps.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Basic Attack damage for Immortals increased from 360 (+22 per minute) to 360 (+25 per minute) after 11 minutes have passed, and 360 (+30 per minute) after 16 minutes.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: When Immortals that are battling at the center of the Battleground swap locations for the first time, the Heaven Immortal will now always travel to right, and the Hell Immortal will always travel to the left.; Battlefield of Eternity Minions affected by Sylvanas’ Possession will now properly grant vision to the controlling team.; Captured Bruiser Mercenary Camps on Battlefield of Eternity will now properly display their respawn timers when mousing over them on the minimap.; Fixed a rare issue that could cause Mercenary Camps to permanently vanish on Battlefield of Eternity.; Visual effects from Basic Attacks and Hero Abilities against an Immortal are no longer visible through the fog of war.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: Added.; New music has been added for the Battlefield of Eternity Battleground.
- ↑ 2014-11-08, BlizzCon 2014 – Heroes of the Storm | Concept Art: Upcoming Diablo Heroes & Battlegrounds. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-11-25
- ↑ 2015-06-16, The Eternal Conflict - Heroes of the Storm. YouTube, accessed on 2015-06-24
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2015-06-07, Blizzard announce the Eternal Conflict. Heroes Nexus, accessed on 2015-06-13
- ↑ The Mayhem Begins event
|Heroes of the Storm|