The awards system is a new system of player recognition being added to Heroes of the Storm. It is a mixture of game- and player-chosen recognition and commendations.
At the end of every match, excluding Custom matches and Brawls, the game will automatically promote a player to MVP based on their performance in the match. All players will be eligible for the title of MVP and Awards, regardless of whether or not they were on the winning team.
The MVP screen will display the MVP’s top three stats from the match.
Feats of strength Edit
Of course, the MVP isn’t alone in performing heroic feats of strength on the battlefield. Awards will also be distributed at the end of the match to four other players who made significant unique individual contributions to their team. Just like the MVP, skill will earn a place on the Award screen, allowing others to commend a player's achievement, as well as a unique icon next to their name on the end-of-match Stats screen.
- Avenger: Player with the most revenge kills (killed the Hero that last killed them).
- Bulwark: Most damage taken by a Warrior Hero; takes the number of deaths into account in order to focus on the efficiency of damage soaked, rather than total damage taken. The tooltip for Bulwark displays the player’s total deaths during the match in addition to damage soaked.
- Dominator: Scored the most takedowns in one life.
- Escape Artist: Made the most escapes at critically low health.
- Experienced: Most experience earned for the team.
- Finisher: Most kills scored.
- Hat Trick: Scored the first three kills of the game.
- Headhunter: Most Mercenary camps captured.
- Main Healer: Most healing done to allied heroes.
- Painbringer: Most damage dealt to enemy heroes.
- Protector: Most damage prevented (e.g. using shields).
- Scrapper: Most damage dealt in team fights.
- Siege Master: Most damage dealt to enemy structures and Minions.
- Silencer: Longest combined Silence time against enemy heroes (including Polymorphs).
- Sole Survivor: The only Hero with no deaths.
- Stunner: Longest combined Stun time against enemy Heroes.
- Team Player: Did not die while outnumbered by the enemy team.
- Trapper: Longest combined Root time against enemy heroes.
Some feats are tied to a map's secondary objective.
- Cannoneer: Most Core damage done on Towers of Doom.
- Da Bomb: Most damage dealt with Nukes on Warhead Junction.
- Garden Terror: Most damage dealt to Shamblers and neutral Garden Terrors on Garden of Terror.
- Guardian Slayer: Most damage dealt to Shrine Guardians on Infernal Shrines.
- Immortal Slayer: Most damage dealt to the enemy Immortal on Battlefield of Eternity.
- Jeweler: Most gems turned in on Tomb of the Spider Queen.
- Master of the Curse: Most damage dealt during Curses on Cursed Hollow.
- Moneybags: Most coins turned in on Blackheart's Bay.
- Shriner: Most shrine captures on Dragon Shire.
- Zerg Crusher: Most damage dealt against enemy Zerg on Braxis Holdout.
Instead of leaving it up to the game to completely decide who had the greatest or most impressive individual impact, everyone in the game can pick an awarded player to commend at the end of every match.
Commendations serve as a virtual thumbs-up, recognizing the players that earned some additional attention. By simply clicking the arrow underneath that player’s Award, they can be boosted up. Allied chat will also be available for the duration of the Awards celebration, which should take about 15 seconds in total. Players who receive enough commendations at the end of the match will be elevated to Epic or Legendary status and may even receive a little extra fanfare.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause Resurrect’s revive message to appear on the MVP screen.; Fixed an issue that could cause Gall to use his base skin on the MVP screen despite using an alternate skin during the match.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Hover the cursor over MVP and Commendation icons that appear next to players’ names on the end game score screen to view a brief description of each award.
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: The MVP screen will now display the MVP’s top three stats from the match instead of only displaying the stats that were the Best in Game or Best in Team.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: A number of additional Commendations have been added in order to help recognize a wider variety of in-game achievements.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: MVP and Commendations can now be skipped using the new Exit button added to the lower-left corner of the screen.; Durations and timer tweaks added.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Voiceover will now play on the MVP and Commendation screen when a player receives enough votes to reach Epic or Legendary status.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Added.