The following is a list of quotations from Auriel:
- "Our fates are united." (Upon purchase)
- "How may I aid you, mortal?"
- "Take heart, my friends. Faith cannot be lost, only abandoned."
Hero Interactions Edit
At the start of the game:
Auriel initiates conversation:
- "We shall bring harmony to this realm in chaos"
- "Let all creation bear witness to our triumph!"
- "And so it shall be"
- "Let our enemy be shattered with our resolve"
Auriel responds to conversation:
- "Our hope shall be fulfilled!"
- "Hold on to hope, it will not abandon you"
- "After an eternity of conflict, i am always ready"
Asking random hero unless mentioned:
- "The battle has almost begun, are you prepared for it?"
- "Be ready and able, conflict arises"
Asking curious creature:
- (question) "You are most unusual but hope is universal"
- (question) "In all of creation, i have never encountered your kind before, but i trust you are well versed in combat"
- (response) "I will aid you in this battle, whatever you are"
- (question) "It is an honour to fight along side you, Nephalem"
- (question) "I have always believed in the potential of mortals, you have proven me correct"
- (response) "You are ever a font of hope"
- (response) "Come mortal, you have my aid and blessing!"
- "You are a seeming monstrosity, do not interfere with my task"
- "You do not speak with words, yet your stench says all that you require"
- "Can you put aside your differences long enough for us to ensure victory, demon?"
- "Your words seethe with poison and lies"
- "You manipulated the hope of your people to further your own power, Deplorable!"
- "That is not the word i would use to describe this...alliance"
- "You acted on faith, Leoric, but hope alone could not save you"
- "Only i wish that the High Heavens could have aided your kingdom"
The Lost Vikings
- "Someday, you will be home again"
- "Do not be so quick to discredit them, Together you are strong"
- "Hmm, what manner of creature are you?"
- "Seek justice, young one. Vengeance if you must. But do not abandon hope"
- "It fills me with joy to see you again, Tyrael"
- "I am glad to stand beside you, Tyrael"
Hero Kills Edit
- "I do what must be done"
- "Hope against hope, indeed"
- "The wages of sin is death, and your debt is now paid"
- "You shall feed no more, demon!"
- "And i thought Tyrael and Imperius had sibling rivalry"
- "A pity, i placed my hope in you, Nephalem"
- "Diablo is dead and all evil with him, for now"
- "Feel not, Leoric, you shall return soon enough"
- "Forgive me brother, forgive us all"
These lines can be heard if Auriel is clicked repeatedly. References made within the lines are linked to the point of reference:
- "Never forget, young ones, that hope is not passive. It is easily confused with inactive desire."
- "No, true hope is a blessing. A glorious harmony that is granted through the result of one's deeds."
- "When it was put to a vote, I cast mine for the preservation of Sanctuary, and all the mortals who call it home. I'm still undecided on the Nexus."
- "Tyrael. Auriel. Malthael. Itherael. And...Imperius. He always has to be the one who stands out."
- "Al'maiesh is the Cord of Hope. Through it flows all of my power. I tried going cordless for awhile, but I have to recharge every two hours."
- "Angels don't actually need wings to fly, you know. We just need to think some happy thoughts." (sighs) "And that's why we ride horses."
- "What are you looking at? Do I have something on my face? Oh. No. Of course not."
- "Remember, hope floats. Which I think is quite the accomplishment, given this suit of armor."
- "Someday, Imperius might actually calm down and think things through before he acts. He's always been such a hothead."
- "When Diablo invaded the High Heavens, he had Rakanoth imprison me within the Library of Fate. Our situation was rather...hopeless."
- "In truth, we angels are luminous beings, not this crude metal."
- "Leoric has made a habit of draining hope from Creation. I used to take pity on his ill fate, but he is significantly increasing my workload."
- "The mortal known as Tracer told me of a dish from her world called 'angel-hair pasta'. Why must these mortals be so morbid?"