(3/10) (8/10) (4/10) (8/10)
Auriel is a Ranged Support Hero from the Diablo universe. It is through the archangel Auriel that the power of hope flows into the fabric of creation. Her eternal light illuminates even the darkest souls. Seeking harmony in all things, she is a mediator, a counselor, and when the need arises, a fearless warrior.
Auriel is the Archangel of Hope and a member of the Angiris Council. The most beloved of all angels, it is she who leads the sweet chorus of the High Heavens.
As with her kin, Auriel fought in the Great Conflict, slaying many demons. There are many tales of her incredible feats in battle, breaching the walls of the Pandemonium Fortress alongside her fellow archangels to wrest the stronghold from Hell's grasp.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Auriel is a Support Hero with an unique mechanic: she doesn't use Mana as resource for her healing. Instead, she can convert her own damage and her allies' into energy through her Trait, ; the more energy she has, the more powerful will be the healing effect. Additionally, she has utility in the forms of waveclear, knockback and stun, as well being capable of resurrecting fallen Heroes.
Overall, Auriel is best used in teams with high damage output, allowing her to gain energy fast and efficiently, thus increasing her healing burst. She performs exceptionally well in dual Support compositions where the second Support supplements her healing.
- Doesn't use Mana as resource.
- Can fill energy quickly when using on allies with high burst and/or spike damage, such as Li-Ming or Gul'dan.
- has a strong area of effect healing when cast at full energy.
- provides great waveclear.
- is a great tool to repel opponents, and can stun if they colide against nearly any object.
- Can dead Heroes.
- Cannot heal without storing Energy through combat.
- Requires strong allies in order to generate energy at a reasonable pace.
- Poor movement options, being very easy to isolate, as well vulnerable to dives.
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
- Sacred Sweep Damage Build: focused on increasing Auriel overall damage output with , thus effectively increasing the Energy generation; this can make her impact team fights even more, as she will be able to both deal respectable damage and heal her allies more often. It also makes her great at clearing enemy waves.
- Sacred Sweep Blind Build: focuses on increasing 's cast speed, with the added effect of blinding opponents. It sacrifices raw damage for utility, making it useful against teams that rely on Basic Attack Damage.
- Detainment Strike Build: a more situational build that greatly improves the efficiency of , allowing Auriel to throw her opponents against objects more often. This build is useful in very specific situations, when both teams focus on frontline Heroes and have enough crowd control for peeling.
- Try to always keep up with strong damage dealers; don't on Warriors with low damage output.
- If talented into , Auriel can deal respectable damage that even pairs her with some Assassins. Use this to pull some surprise strikes.
- requires precision, but it is very rewarding once mastered, resulting in powerful kill setups if Auriel manages to stun the opponent, and is also a great peeling tool. Try to conduct your enemy into having an obstacle behind them, and strike.
- The stun is applied when the opponent hits ANY kind of collidable object, being not limited only to walls and structures. These includes:
- , much like other stasis effects, can be used to save Auriel and her allies from targeted abilities, including dives like The Butcher's , Illidan's , Tyrael's , among others.
Generally, Auriel is best paired with Heroes that deal reliable damage spikes, or sustained damage. For these reasons, she'll often want to keep on a strong Assassin, although some Specialists can provide enough damage to give her constant Energy.
Effective against Edit
While Auriel shouldn't directly engage into combat due to her lack of movement options, she does have the right tools to damage and stun her opponents, when given the opportunity. However, she must always try to make the best of to generate energy, and also deal respectable damage, to the point of helping securing kills.
Effective foes Edit
Auriel's worst nightmares are Heroes that can easily dive and isolate her from the team and capitalize on her poor movement options. Enemies that are too aggressive and prevent Auriel's allies from retaliating will also prevent her from gathering enough energy for a reliable cast of .
- Archangel of Hope (base)
|Archangel of Hope||Dusk||Courageous||Dark 100|
- Archangel 100
- It is said that the power of the Nexus amplifies what lies within a warrior's heart. While Auriel's countenance has changed, the light of hope within her is more resplendent than ever.
- Sakura 400
- For centuries, viewing cherry blossoms at the start of spring has been a time-honored tradition. Auriel was the first omnic to join in the festivities, and has done so every year since she started.
- Demonic 1600
- An angel can never truly become a demon. But once the Lord of Hatred corrupted Auriel's spirit, and bound it within a mistress of the Burning Hells, most mortals would struggle to tell the difference.
Auriel appeared in a trailer for the Eternal Conflict, but was not implemented through the expansion. However, the developers did not rule out future inclusion. She was confirmed as a playable hero in July, 2016.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: Kuroi Sakura Auriel, Sora Sakura Auriel skins added.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Glorious Archangel Auriel and Shadow Demonic Auriel skins added.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Sakura Auriel, Spring Sakura Auriel, Scarlet Sakura Auriel skins added.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Auriel and Lunara: Fixed an issue causing Lunara’s camera to behave strangely after being resurrected by Auriel’s Resurrect.
- (Patch August 24, 2016) Note: Basic Attack damage increased from 48 to 60.