(6/10) (5/10) (8/10) (4/10)
Arthas, the Lich King, is a Melee Warrior hero from the Warcraft universe. Once the crown prince of Lordaeron and protégé of Uther the Lightbringer, Prince Arthas was corrupted by the cursed blade Frostmourne in a desperate bid to save his people. Now he rules over the damned as the Lich King and all shall know his wrath.
Kil'jaeden created the Lich King from the spirit of the orc shaman Ner'zhul to raise an undead army to conquer Azeroth for the Burning Legion. Initially trapped within the Frozen Throne with Frostmourne, the Lich King eventually betrayed Kil'jaeden and merged with the human Arthas Menethil.
Gameplay Summary Edit
- Strong resistance against physical and low health attacker
- High sustain thanks to and
- Powerful crowd control with , and
- Shields plenty of damage with Summon Sindragosa or
- Mediocre burst heal and burst damage
- Easy target for ranged attackers
- Requires closing up to effectively deal damage to everything
Arthas has death knight-centric abilities.
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- The Lich King (base)
|The Lich King||Saronite||Tundra||Tarnished 100|
- Frost Wyrm 100
- After the death of the Ashen Verdict's champions, none could halt the Lich King's advance. As a reminder of his victory, he grafted the bones of his fallen servants onto his armor.
- Death God 100
- As Frostmourne devoured more and more souls, the Lich King's dominion over the damned grew ever stronger. It wasn't long before his armor began to manifest changes.
- Crown Prince 400
- As his hands gripped the hilt of the cursed blade Frostmourne, a dimensional gateway erupted from the icy pedestal, dragging the young prince Arthas into the Nexus.
- Features replaced voice-over and themed abilities.
|Crown Prince||Kul Tiras||Dalaran|
- Mystic Kingdoms 1600
- Revered for his bravery and martial skill, General Arthas has led his king's armies to countless victories. His loyalty knows no bounds, and nothing can make him break his oath of service.
- This skin is related to the Mystic Kingdoms themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
|Mystic Kingdoms||Frozen||Shadow||Royal 2400|
- Crimson Count 400 (Hallow's End skin)
- Few of Sarah von Kerrigan's suitors are as bold or brash as Marquis Arthas du Menethil. The Crimson Count hopes their unholy union will spell doom for Raven Court's vampire slayers.
- This skin is related to the Raven Court and Hallow's End themed-skins. Features themed abilities and themed mount.
|Crimson Count||Toxic||Shadow||Consecrated 600|
Arthas was conceived within the first two years of the game's development. His model was designed first and his role in the game was decided upon later. His ultimate ability originally let him pull, heal, and deal damage simultaneously.
- The "Mystic Kingdoms" skin is a reference to Guan Yu, one of the best known Chinese historical figures throughout East Asia, whose life stories have largely given way to fictionalised ones, most of which are found in the 14th-century historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. In the Western world, Guan Yu is sometimes called the "Taoist God of War". He is often depicted with a red face, and riding a large red stallion.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch February 6, 2018) Note: Royal Mystic Kingdom skin added.
- (Patch March 28, 2017) Note: Physical Armor decreased from 15 to 10.
- (Patch March 14, 2017) Note: Health increased from 2404 to 2524; Health Regeneration increased from 5.0117 to 5.2578; Basic Attack damage reduced from 99 to 95.
- (Patch January 4, 2017) Note: Now has 15 Physical Armor.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Arthas has received updated visual effects to coincide with his Talent rework.; Health increased from 2382 (+4% per level) to 2582 (+4% per level); Health regeneration increased from 4.96 (+4% per level) to 5.37 (+4% per level).
- (Patch April 19, 2016) Note: Crimson Count Arthas’ Health bar will now appear much closer to his Hero model while in bat form.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: All Arthas Skins and Skin Variations have received facial animations.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- ↑ 2016-11-21, BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2016-11-21
- ↑ Charles Onyett. 2011-10-21. Blizzard DOTA isn't More of the Same. IGN. Accessed 2012-05-13.