In order to sate their endless thirst for amusement, the Realm Lords began working to construct a new set of trials that would put the combat prowess of those who inhabit their beloved Nexus to the test. These Arena Battlegrounds, as they are called, pit two teams of five against each other in a best-of-three competition. These fierce, close-quarters skirmishes take place on an ever-evolving field of battle.
- It focuses on random hero selection.
- The system randomly assigns a different hero archetype for each player with three random heroes from that archetype to choose from.
- Duplicate heroes per team are allowed. In fact, in some situations, the system may randomly offer all players the same hero no matter what. However, there may not be more than two warriors or two supports per team.
- For some of the random elements of the Arena, certain heroes will be excluded from duplication in the "10x" mode.
- For now, Cho'gall is excluded from this mode due to his unique operating requirements.
- Arenas focus on fast-paced action around a single objective.
- It is billed as quick and easy to jump into.
- It is shorter than the traditional battleground time.
- Talents and leveling have been removed; everyone is level ten and receive one heroic ability at the beginning of the game.
- The cooldown on respawn after death is greatly diminished to 15 seconds.
- Specific arenas contain multiple random maps and the winning team is determined by best out of three games.
Concept art Edit
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: Slightly reduced the likelihood that players will receive Specialist choices during Shuffle Pick when playing an Arena Brawl.
|Heroes of the Storm|