As a founding member of Overwatch and one of the world's best snipers, Ana Amari uses her skills to protect the innocent. Though she went MIA after losing her eye, Ana's sense of duty and responsibility has brought her back to the fight.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Ana is a Support Hero with great versatility and utility, capable of healing and buffing her allies, as well damaging, debuffing and incapacitating her enemies.
Overall, Ana works best in teams that focus on Spell Damage, as greatly amplify the abilities of "mage" Heroes. She also performs extremely well when paired with another Support that plays as a dedicated healer, allowing to increase said healer's perfomance through while constantly pressuring her opponents with debuffs.
- Low mana usage.
- Excels with/against other Supports.
- Very versatile Talent Tree.
- Great healing output.
- allows Ana to deal constant chip damage and poke her opponents from afar, akin to Lunara.
- Can incapacitate opponents with , putting them to sleep.
- is great to be used on allies that rely on Spell Damage.
- Has a global ability in the form of .
- High skill ceiling, being difficult to master.
- Very frail, with low base health, being easy to takedown when focused.
- Poor waveclear.
- Low performance in teams without a strong frontline.
- Poor mobility, having no escape tools.
- Not very effective as a solo-healer.
- Lack of self-healing outside of .
- 's effect is broken if the opponent takes any kind of direct damage.
- Cannot use on herself.
- puts Ana in a stationary state, which can leave her vulnerable.
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
Talent Builds Edit
Ana's flexibility allows her to adjust to a lot of situations. Therefore, the level 13 talents should be changed accordingly to the type of crowd control the opposing team features.
- Balanced Build: an all-round build that provides a good blend of healing, damage and utility, useful in most team compositions.
- Biotic Grenade Build: focused on improving , allowing Ana to maximize its effects against both allies and enemies. This build is mostly recommended when paired with another Support that acts as a dedicated healer, as well being highly effective against enemy compositions that also feature double Supports. Under the right circumstances, Ana can solo heal with this build, thanks to the key talents and .
- Shrike Build: focused on improving Ana's Basic Attack through , essentially turning her into a Assassin akin to Lunara, while still allowing her to provide powerful healing thanks to . This build is mostly recommended when paired with another Support that acts as a dedicated healer, but when the allied team lacks damage.
- Dart Build: focused on improving the performance of both and , increasing both Ana's healing output and utility. This build can be used if Ana is the solo Support, although not recommended depending on the opponent's team composition.
- Positioning is key with Ana: since all her Basic Abilities are skillshots, one must take advantage of the surroundings to effectively heal and damage opponents.
- In addition, Ana has very limited self-healing, requiring attention to her own position during team fights.
- can be used for more than just healing the allies, it is also a safe way to check bushes and other, as the projectile will reveal the area where it travels.
- 's damage-over-time stacks with other effects of this kind, such as Lunara's and Nazeebo's .
- One of Ana's strongest points is the flexibility of her talent tree. Many of her talents are very situational, and the player should adjust their build accordingly.
- If the opposing team features many "mage" Assassins, taking the talent at Level 7 can greatly hinder their performance.
- If the opposing team features a lot of crowd control, taking the talent or at Level 13 is recommended, depending on the situation.
- Don't use sparrigly; use it only when necessary, such as for saving an ally or Ana herself from being chased, to prevent an enemy from fleeing, and to interrupt channeled abilities (, , etc.)
- Try to hit as many enemies and allies as possible with .
- If there is another Support in the team, communicate when about to use Biotic Grenade, so they can unleash their own healing cooldowns to maximize the effects.
- Similarly, save Biotic Grenade to completely negate the effects of the opponents own healing cooldowns, especially Heroic Abilities such as and .
- While it is best to save for a strong "mage" to increase their burst potential (such as Li-Ming and Kel'Thuzad), do not hesitate to use it on a Support during a critical moment, to restore their mana, as well to increase their healing output even further when combined with .
- Make sure to disable the camera lock (default shortcut: L) to make easier to aim around the map.
Thanks to , Ana excels when paired with another Support, mostly those who can reliably solo heal and/or that have access to area-of-effect healing. Also, teammates with strong self heals such as Dehaka and The Butcher. is perfect with any team that features one or more "bursty mage" Assassin.
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
Ana's poor mobility, lack of escape and self-peel, and limited self-healing makes her an easy target for mobile Assassins and Warriors, who can quickly pin her down and prevent any form of retaliation. Additionally, Heroes with access to abilities that gives them and/or their allies the Protected status become immune to the debuff effects of (such as Medivh's ).
- Veteran Sniper (default)
|Veteran Sniper||Burnished||Midnight||Medic 150|
|Sunset 150||Twilight 150|
- Shrike 150
- Recently, Ana has been operating in the Nexus under the alias of "Shrike" and is wanted for espionage, assault, and theft in Luxoria.
- This skin is related to both Overwatch and Luxoria themed-skins.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch November 29, 2017) Note: Base Maximum Health reduced from 1682 to 1598; Health Regen reduced from 3.5 to 3.32; Basic Attack Damage reduced from 33 to 30.
- (Patch November 14, 2017) Note: AI Ana will no longer attempt to Heal allied Garden Terrors, Dragon Knights, or Triglav Protectors.
- (Patch October 11, 2017) Note: Basic Attack Damage increased from 30 to 33.
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: Added.