Not all heroes are born of altruism... Some, like Alarak, simply desire vengeance. As the new Highlord of the Tal'darim, Alarak leads his people to a destiny free of the corrupt influence of the fallen xel'naga, Amon.
Alarak is the highlord of the Tal'darim. He was previously the First Ascendant in the Chain of Ascension under Highlord Ma'lash. During the End War, Alarak used his alliance with the Daelaam to overthrow and replace Ma'lash, and turn the Tal'darim against Amon.
Gameplay Summary Edit
Alarak is a Melee Assassin dealing heavy damage to Heroes, thanks to his trait, . He excels at pulling opponents out of their positions of safety and striking them with a flurry of abilities. Additionally, many of his talents allows him to decrease the value of in exchange for more utility for his abilities.
He controls the battlefield by manipulating the positioning of his enemies. He can sacrifice raw damage for increased utility through , allowing him to deal with each challenge differently. allows him to push himself and enemies in any direction, while can render them completely helpless afterward. He is better at damaging Heroes than he is at clearing Minions and Mercenaries, but can solo lane very effectively due to his high self-sustain. Alarak works best in direct cooperation with his teammates, as he can setup or secure takedowns extremly well. Reliably landing Discord Strike and Telekinesis can be difficult, and requires practice. Putting in the time to get comfortable with these Abilities is essential in leveraging his great potential.
- Formidable lane bully and duelist.
- Can silence opponents with .
- is a versatile tool with a lot of uses; it can be used to either push or pull opponents, and even Alarak himself, granting him a good escape tool.
- Flexible talents that allows him to either increase his raw damage, or sacrifice for more utility.
- gives Alarak very high self-sustain.
- Is currently the only character in the game that can access both Heroic Abilities. (Li-Ming has a similar alternative but requires to be selected as heroic ability, and has worse synergy)
- At level 13 he can access talents that provide him with massive powerspikes, particularly , which allows Alarak to increase his Sadism progressively without a cap.
- Relatively mana-intensive.
- Not very effective in sieging and other PvE situations (such as waveclearing and capturing Mercenaries).
- High skill ceiling, due and requiring precision and timing.
- Considerable low Basic Attack Damage.
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
- Note: Players will be able to choose either the other heroic ability from level 10 above, or decide between Hasty Bargain and Last Laugh. If the alternate heroic ability is chosen, it takes the place of .
Talent Builds Edit
- Discord Strike Build: focused on increasing the damage of through as much and as quick as possible. Recommended when the enemy team has Heroes with poor mobility.
- Lightning Surge Build: focused on increasing the damage of through and , with a damage potential that can technically exceed his Build. Featuring a very poking styled gameplay, it works the best against enemy teams featuring many melee Heroes.
- Analyze well the enemy team composition, and adjust the talents accordingly. Sometimes it is more viable to sacrifice damage from in order to gain advantage over the opponents.
- Alarak requires very precision, since his skillshots can be hard to hit. Using the "On Release" option (at the Keybinds menu) for Discord Strike, Telekinesis and Counter-Strike allows for better aiming with the reticules.
- The > is generally the best way to take down enemy Heroes, but requires practice and precision to master.
- Mastering is the key to mastering Alarak himself; try to find creative ways to use it, such as pushing opponents towards your allies' Heroic Abilities, to prevent the enemies' own abilities, or to reposition Alarak in order to flee.
- Always try to hit as many opponents as possible with to increase your healing, and also to gain stacks for the and quest talents.
- Always cast out of the opponents' field of view, so Alarak can enter the fight by surprise and throw opponents off balance, or to secure a kill when enemies are fleeing. Notify your team before casting this ability, so they know how to follow up.
- Be careful to not channel the ability near enemy minions that can attack Alarak, as it will cancel the cast.
- Under the right conditions, Alarak can use Deadly Charge as a escape tool, as long he is not hit during the channeling.
- Make sure to cast in the right moments, to hit as many opponents as possible.
- The counter can trigger from damage over time effects.
Alarak is best paired with Heroes that can follow up his kill setups, such as burst damage Assassins, and/or Heroes with reliable crowd control to ensure his > combo. His strong teamfight presence also allows for effectively split-pushing.
Effective against Edit
Alarak excels at moving enemies out of position, particularly those who rely too much on their cooldowns. If well timed, his abilities can interrupt many key abilities and prevent the enemy team from unleashing mayhem. Also, thanks to his , he performs well against Heroes with low health, particularly frail Assassins.
Effective foes Edit
Despite his raw power, Alarak is quick to take down by Heroes that can stun him efficiently. Heroes with high mobility can also become a nuisance for him, as most of his abilities require pinpoint precision. Additionally, making Alarak waste his early in the teamfights makes harder for him to escape, allowing the team to retaliate.
- Highlord of the Tal'darim (base)
|Highlord of the Tal'darim||Crimson||Ivory||Regal 100|
- Highlord Alarak 100
- The Highlord's armor serves as both ceremonial adornment and as a conduit of raw power. Adorned with blood shards and fueled by terrazine, it channels Alarak's fury directly into his blades.
- Herald of N'Zoth 400
- The God of the Deep writhes within his prison, thrashing endlessly. Alarak, the Corruptor's Herald, brings word of the Old God's return, preparing all realities for the coming change.
- This skin is related to the Warcraft themed-skins. Features altered voice-over and themed abilities.
|Herald of N'Zoth||Twilight||Bone||Deep 600|
Alarak Bot Gameplay Edit
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Amethyst Highlord Alarak skin added.
- (Patch May 16, 2017) Note: Received updated visual effects to coincide with Talent updates.
- (Patch September 20, 2016) Note: A delicious toaster pastry has been removed from the far-left side of the Alarak Home Screen in ultra-wide resolutions.
- (Patch September 13, 2016) Note: Added.