(3/10) (7/10) (1/10) (9/10)
Abathur is a Specialist Hero from the StarCraft franchise. Abathur uses his high mobility to move quickly about the battlefield and infest his allies, allowing him to use his abilities from inside them while remaining safe. Though he's strong inside an ally, Abathur is weak alone and has very little ability to fight on his own.
Abathur, the Evolution Master of Kerrigan's Swarm, works ceaselessly to improve the zerg from the genetic level up. His hate for chaos and imperfection almost rivals his hatred of pronouns.
Abathur was created by the Overmind as a "brood of one", spun from many species. While it was the Overmind that was the will of the zerg's drive to perfect, it was Abathur who was the instrument of its will.
Gameplay Summary Edit
- Global presence regardless of health and battleground situation
- Amazing set-up partner for heroes that excel in isolation including Stitches
- attacks are hard to avoid
- Can gain experience in two lanes if properly concealed
- Overall damage is largely relevant on battleground situation, like if is not stepped on, it contributes to damage waste and to prevent this the team must be well informed
- Demands control on multiple points in the battleground
- is one of the most difficult heroic that requires knowledge about playing style of every hero
- Risks being exposed both from global abilities and from trying to soak experience
While using this ability, Abathur is an immobile inactive cocoon while part of him "possesses" an allied hero. Abathur's player can use these abilities from the location of the possessed hero.
Heroic Abilities Edit
Tier 1, Hero Level 1 Edit
Tier 2, Hero Level 4 Edit
Tier 3, Hero Level 7 Edit
Tier 4, Hero Level 10 Edit
Tier 5, Hero Level 13 Edit
Tier 6, Hero Level 16 Edit
Tier 7, Hero Level 20 Edit
Talent Builds Edit
- Use Abathur wisely and always check your surroundings. Don't stay in spawn go into grassy areas where there isn't a area that is revealed. Use the talent build to start a powerful swarm and you can take down towers with your locusts.
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- Evolution Master (base)
|Evolution Master||Bone||Char||Kaldir 100|
- Swarm Abathur 100
- Evolution is a process that's unending. Survival requires adaptation. Even Abathur, a master of manipulating evolution itself, is no exception to this cardinal rule of nature.
- Pajamathur 1600
- Upon occasion reality appears unsuitable. Desire for absence occurs. Inhibit ocular reception. Internally visualize. Possible for current location to alter. Make dreams come true.
- Features replaced themed abilities.
- Xenotech 2400
- Humanity had never considered that sentient machines could exist in the darkness beyond the earth. From distant stars, Abathur's xenotech invaders came to plunder the earth's resources and further their evolution.
- This skin is related to the Mechastorm themed-skins. Features altered voice-over and themed abilities.
- Skelethur 400 (Hallow's End skin)
- Exoendoskeleton...logical next advancement. Secondary benefit, elicits fear in adolescent terrans. Useful.
- This skin is related to the Hallow's End themed-skins. Features themed abilities.
The inspiration for Abathur in the game came from the Overmind, what with the concept of there being an immobile hero with global powers. He was chosen for inclusion because of the gameplay opportunities he offered, despite the lack of appearance in a cinematic.
In Alpha, Abathur only had his Heroic. wasn't added until Beta.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch March 6, 2018) Note: Fixed a pair of small holes in Xenotech Abathur’s model.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Feral Swarm Abathur skin added.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Heroes can no longer push a player-controlled Monstrosity by walking into it.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Radius adjusted to better match actual model size.; Abathur will now display Healing Done in the Score and Stats screens.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: AI that has taken over Abathur after the controlling players leaves the game will no longer use Hearthstone while Symbiote is active on another Hero.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause Abathur and Gall players to be flagged as AFK if they did not move from the starting area, despite issuing commands to their Heroes.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Leoric: Abathur will now properly receive Takedown credit after dealing the killing blow to Leoric. Abathur will no longer receive Takedown credit after casting Symbiote on an allied Leoric that is then killed by the enemy team. Abathur's Hivemind Symbiote will no longer persist on Leoric after he enters Undying form.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue that could allow Abathur to become permanently invulnerable under certain circumstances.
- ↑ Taken from the StarCraft wiki
- ↑ 2014-05-04, Hero Suggestion Overmind. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-05-04
- ↑ 2014-05-30, Blizzard Says Heroes of the Storm Is "Much Closer to a World of Warcraft Experience". Gamespot, accessed on 2014-05-31
- ↑ 2014-12-05, HEROES OF THE STORM AMA TRANSCRIPT. Blizzpro, accessed on 2014-12-07