(3/10) (7/10) (1/10) (9/10)
Abathur is a Specialist Hero from the StarCraft franchise. Abathur uses his high mobility to move quickly about the battlefield and infest his allies, allowing him to use his abilities from inside them while remaining safe. Though he's strong inside an ally, Abathur is weak alone and has very little ability to fight on his own.
Abathur, the Evolution Master of Kerrigan's Swarm, works ceaselessly to improve the zerg from the genetic level up. His hate for chaos and imperfection almost rivals his hatred of pronouns.
Abathur was created by the Overmind as a "brood of one", spun from many species. While it was the Overmind that was the will of the zerg's drive to perfect, it was Abathur who was the instrument of its will.
Gameplay Summary Edit
While using this ability, Abathur is an immobile inactive cocoon while part of him "possesses" an allied hero. Abathur's player can use these abilities from the location of the possessed hero.
Heroic Abilities Edit
- Tier 1, Hero Level 1
- Tier 2, Hero Level 4
- Tier 3, Hero Level 7
- Tier 4, Hero Level 10
- Tier 5, Hero Level 13
- Tier 6, Hero Level 16
- Tier 7, Hero Level 20
Talent Builds Edit
Effective against Edit
Effective foes Edit
- Evolution Master (base)
|Evolution Master||Bone||Char||Kaldir 100|
- Swarm Abathur 100
- Evolution is a process that's unending. Survival requires adaptation. Even Abathur, a master of manipulating evolution itself, is no exception to this cardinal rule of nature.
- Pajamathur 1600
- Upon occasion reality appears unsuitable. Desire for absence occurs. Inhibit ocular reception. Internally visualize. Possible for current location to alter. Make dreams come true.
- Skelethur 400 (Hallow's End skin)
- Exoendoskeleton...logical next advancement. Secondary benefit, elicits fear in adolescent terrans. Useful.
The inspiration for Abathur in the game came from the Overmind, what with the concept of there being an immobile hero with global powers. He was chosen for inclusion because of the gameplay opportunities he offered, despite the lack of appearance in a cinematic.
In Alpha, Abathur only had his Ultimate Evolution Heroic. Evolve Monstrosity wasn't added until Beta.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Feral Swarm Abathur skin added.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Heroes can no longer push a player-controlled Monstrosity by walking into it.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Radius adjusted to better match actual model size.; Abathur will now display Healing Done in the Score and Stats screens.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: AI that has taken over Abathur after the controlling players leaves the game will no longer use Hearthstone while Symbiote is active on another Hero.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause Abathur and Gall players to be flagged as AFK if they did not move from the starting area, despite issuing commands to their Heroes.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Leoric: Abathur will now properly receive Takedown credit after dealing the killing blow to Leoric. Abathur will no longer receive Takedown credit after casting Symbiote on an allied Leoric that is then killed by the enemy team. Abathur's Hivemind Symbiote will no longer persist on Leoric after he enters Undying form.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue that could allow Abathur to become permanently invulnerable under certain circumstances.
- ↑ Taken from the StarCraft wiki
- ↑ 2014-05-04, Hero Suggestion Overmind. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-05-04
- ↑ 2014-05-30, Blizzard Says Heroes of the Storm Is "Much Closer to a World of Warcraft Experience". Gamespot, accessed on 2014-05-31
- ↑ 2014-12-05, HEROES OF THE STORM AMA TRANSCRIPT. Blizzpro, accessed on 2014-12-07