Abathur is a specialist hero from the StarCraft franchise. Abathur uses his high mobility to move quickly about the battlefield and infest his allies, allowing him to use his abilities from inside them while remaining safe. Though he's strong inside an ally, Abathur is weak alone and has very little ability to fight on his own.
Abathur, the Evolution Master of Kerrigan's Swarm, works ceaselessly to improve the zerg from the genetic level up. His hate for chaos and imperfection almost rivals his hatred of pronouns.
- For ability and trait patch changes, see Abathur/Patch changes.
Cooldown: 4 seconds
Assist another allied Unit or Combat Structure, allowing you to shield them and use new Abilities.Cannot be used on another Hero's Summons.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Charge Spawn a mine that becomes active after a short time. Deals 50 (+15 per level) damage and reveals the enemy for 4 seconds. Lasts 90 seconds.
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Quickly tunnel to a visible location.
While using this ability, Abathur is an immobile inactive cocoon while part of him "possesses" an allied hero. Abathur's player can use these abilities from the location of the possessed hero.
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Shoots a spike towards target area that deals 55.5 (+9.5 per level) damage to the first enemy it contacts.
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Deals 42 (+10 per level) damage to nearby enemies.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Shields the assisted ally for 148 (+8 per level). Lasts for 8 seconds.
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Spawns a Locust to attack down the nearest lane every 15 seconds. Locusts last for 25 seconds.
Heroic Abilities Edit
Cooldown: 70 seconds
Clone target allied Hero and control it for 20 seconds. Abathur has perfected the clone, granting it 20% Ability Power, 20% bonus Attack Damage, and 10% bonus Movement Speed. Cannot use their Heroic Ability.
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Turn an allied Minion or Locust into a Monstrosity. When enemy Minions near the Monstrosity die, it gains 5% Health and 5% Basic Attack damage, stacking up to 30 times. The Monstrosity takes 50% less damage from Minions and Structures.Using Symbiote on the Monstrosity allows you to control it, in addition to Symbiote's normal benefits.
Upon occasion reality appears unsuitable. Desire for absence occurs. Inhibit ocular reception. Internally visualize. Possible for current location to alter. Make dreams come true.
Exoendoskeleton...logical next advancement. Secondary benefit, elicits fear in adolescent terrans. Useful.
Hero level 10, 10,000 gold
Evolution is a process that's unending. Survival requires adaptation. Even Abathur, a master of manipulating evolution itself, is no exception to this cardinal rule of nature.
The inspiration for Abathur in the game came from the Overmind, what with the concept of there being an immobile hero with global powers. He was chosen for inclusion because of the gameplay opportunities he offered, despite the lack of appearance in a cinematic.
In Alpha, Abathur only had his Ultimate Evolution Heroic. Evolve Monstrosity wasn't added until Beta.
|Basic attacks against enemy structures destroy 2 ammo and deal an additional 10% damage.|
Quotes and Facts Edit
See also: Abathur quotations
Related Content Edit
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Leoric: Abathur will now properly receive Takedown credit after dealing the killing blow to Leoric. Abathur will no longer receive Takedown credit after casting Symbiote on an allied Leoric that is then killed by the enemy team. Abathur's Hivemind Symbiote will no longer persist on Leoric after he enters Undying form.
- (Patch August 18, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue that could allow Abathur to become permanently invulnerable under certain circumstances.
- ↑ 2014-05-04, Hero Suggestion Overmind. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-05-04
- ↑ 2014-05-30, Blizzard Says Heroes of the Storm Is "Much Closer to a World of Warcraft Experience". Gamespot, accessed on 2014-05-31
- ↑ 2014-12-05, HEROES OF THE STORM AMA TRANSCRIPT. Blizzpro, accessed on 2014-12-07
|Heroes of the Storm|